World Travel Holdings

Updated 23 November 2014
2.3

World Travel Holdings Co-Chairman and Co-CEO Brad Tolkin
Brad Tolkin

Pros
  • Great for people who want to work from home and don't need daily contact (in 27 reviews)

• But seriously, the best reason to work here is perhaps the people (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Even if you've never done a work-from-home job before (in 4 reviews)

• If you have worked in a call center then you know how bad those places really are (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Company practices are questionable

Former Employee - TP Professional in Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)
    Former Employee - TP Professional in Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)

I worked at World Travel Holdings full-time (less than an year)

Pros

There are none that I can think of.

Cons

Deceptive, dishonest, disengaging, disinformation, trickery, double dealing, snow job, dupery, deceitfulness, craftiness are a few words that describe this organization.

Take classes on ethics, honesty above board business practices. Change your dishonest ways or get out of business.

They force you to quit

Former Employee - Customer Care Representative
    Former Employee - Customer Care Representative

I worked at World Travel Holdings full-time (less than an year)

Pros

decent pay, work from home

Cons

They will eventually force you to quit if you are not a top seller. I was a CCR, not the best but honestly I didn't want the job for sales experience. I was told upon hiring it was for customer service. Dead wrong about that. Was there for 10 months and with this last shift bid they forced me to quit. The schedule was not even close to my availability and when stating my case as to why I needed specific hours they basically told me too bad. I was in absolute tears and resigned a few hours later. What's so wrong with allowing people to keep a set schedule? Why do you have to change every 12 weeks? Oh that's right, so they can weed out the low sellers. Beware all new hires. You won't last a year.

My advice isn't professional enough to put in.

Caring company, excellent to work for, strong ethics and leadership

I have been working at World Travel Holdings (more than 10 years)

Pros

Truly ethical leadership, strong corporate culture, recognize talent

Cons

Very conservative, not always industry leader or innovative enough

Overall just another call center made to look fancy

Current Employee - Customer Care Representative
    Current Employee - Customer Care Representative

I have been working at World Travel Holdings full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Pay, benefits, full time position, work from home

Cons

If you have worked in a call center then you know how bad those places really are. At World Travel Holdings they seem to advertise as if they are anything but a call center. I've worked here for a year and really can see how fake that job posting was. It's just a fancy call center. Same rude people, same pushy team leads on a power trip. Only thing is you are in the travel industry so you get a new kind of rudeness.

If you get hired for the CCR position it is very sales oriented even though it should not be. It didn't used to be like that. CCR's did existing reservation service work. Travel Pro's did the selling. Honestly I'd rather they go back to it. Their reason was in the off season CCR's were only getting 35 hour work weeks. That's fine by me. Your employment now relies on sales and that's not right.

Management was fine until I got placed under a dedicated team lead and all it's been was trying to turn me into someone I'm not. A perky agent that truly cares why you are taking your unruly children that will be a nuisance to everyone on a three thousand dollar vacation. If someone can't be bothered to give me important information to bring up the vacation they are interested in why should the agent be interested in them? 95% of agents are there for the paycheck.

Scheduling is very unpredictable. You get to "bid" on your shift every 12 weeks and there isn't a guarantee that you'l get what you ask for. It's impossible to plan your life around that. If you haven't been there for a decade don't expect to work first shift.

When it's busy they actually tell you not to take your breaks. In training there were grown adults having to ask to go use the restroom like children. They schedule your lunch and at times you don't even get to go eat until 6 hours into your shift. That's illegal for starters. You are supposed to take your lunch at or before 5 hours worked. I'd hate to be diabetic and need to eat sooner.

Absolutely no background noise yet if you were in an actual office there are noises everywhere. No low playing music to help pass the time when it's slow. Just deafening silence. It's not good for mental health to sit in a closed, silent room for 8 hours.

Why do I stay? The pay. I've been actively looking for a better paying job since Feb. and still search today. Some days even the pay is not enough. Avoid this and all call centers if you can.

Please change the way you train the team leads. They really do try to change you as a person and it's uncomfortable. I get physically ill when my team lead has to talk to me and that's not a good environment for employees.

Dishonest

I have been working at World Travel Holdings

Pros

Call centers are high energy. Work from home option is good idea for some workers.

Cons

Just a totally dishonest, greedy company. H.R., supervisors, upper management all lie. The dishonesty begins with the job ad. They advertise for customer service reps, but in reality the job is a sales rep position. Firing decisions are based on sales totals alone regardless of ones customer service performance or customer commendations. They own several websites and pretend to callers to be different companies-deceptive to say the least. They even lie about their employee surveys. They send out surveys that they claim are anonymous. Any dissatisfation that you report is then addressed with you in a day or two and then the supervisors start targeting you for close scrutiny. It happend to meand I remember thinking "wow an aanonymous survey that really is not".Dishonest, unethical............sucks

Pray and ask God to grant you all character.

Good Benefits for WTH

I have been working at World Travel Holdings

Pros

Travel Benefits, Insurance, 401K, Bonuses avail etc

Cons

schedules change very fast, strict metric requirements

Don't Be Suckered In!

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Jacksonville, FL (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Jacksonville, FL (US)

I worked at World Travel Holdings full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The pros - well, it's a job in "travel" I guess & you work from home.

Cons

Where to begin...1st of all, the people in this company couldn't care less about anyone new. They don't even advertise & hire "Sales Reps". You are considered "Customer Service" however your only job-goal is to SELL. They treat you like they expect you to fail & the give nothing extra to ensure that you don't. They ILLEGALLY gather ALL phone numbers of customers without their knowledge. When a customer calls into one of the many phone numbers, they think they're getting an actual cruiseline customer service when in actuality, they're getting a call center that answers calls for MOST of the major cruiselines. The customer's phone number is visible to the phone agent, if if the customer blocked their number. IS THIS EVEN LEGAL Even if you've never done a work-from-home job before. It's like a factory & working on production. They will never allow you to send an email or written note to a customer. They ask "why do you need to send an email"? Well, because the customer specifically ASKS you to send them an email. WTH says there's never a reason to NOT close a sale when you've quoted a rate. It's absurd & agents are setup to fail. If you happen to luckily make some sales, then you will be scrutinized as to why you said a instead of b, or should have upsold the cruise with a better cabin. NOTHING IS EVER GOOD ENOUGH...NOTHING. The only people who do well with this organization are the ones who are already working there. DON'T BE SUCKERED IN!!!

HERE'S A NOVEL APPROACH...START WITH HONESTY, both with yourself & with new employees. Stop illegally capturing all your callers' phone numbers, stop treating your new employees like you have no faith in them & expect them to fail. Spend more time placing value on your staff & you might see a decrease in your mind-boggling turnover rates. Correct the job titles & call it what it is...customer service & sales are 2 different things, in the rest of the world outside of WTH. STOP taking on more & more cruiselines as clients until you FIX what you already have.

Very dishonest company

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Altamonte Springs, FL (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Altamonte Springs, FL (US)

I worked at World Travel Holdings full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Call center is full of energy and busy most of the time. Pay is ok and benefits are ok

Cons

I read the post about this company being shady and dishonest. I could not agree more. I worked there for over a year and most of the fellow agents were cool, but the team leads and managers are shady. I found most of them did not know what they were doing, but would pretend and lie in a minute. Very disorganized, training offered months before it is ever needed thereby leading to one forgetting most of the info. This company simply lacks honesty, and the majority of managers spend most of their time covering up their mistakes and ego tripping. Horrible place to work unless you enjoy being sneaky and dishonest. The first act of dishonesty that this company perpetrates is in their job posting. They post the job as a customer service rep. position, but in reality it is strictly a sales rep position. Whether you stay or get fired is based strictly on your sales regardless of the quality of the customer service you deliver.

None. The issue is not a dishonest manager, it is dishonest MANAGEMENT. WTH is content operating like they do and do not wish to change.

Lost Cause

I have been working at World Travel Holdings full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great for people who want to work from home and don't need daily contact.

Cons

What they say is not true…” Our mission is to deliver a remarkable experience through providing superior quality and service and a passion for having real conversations with our customers.” Nope they want your money. They care much about past customers as they do their employees. They will burn you out and make you work 45 hours consistently just like they make past customers wait for service. They don’t care about tenure or loyalty.

Leadership has nothing to do with seniority or one’s position in the hierarchy of a company. Leadership has nothing to do with titles. LEADERSHIP is a process of social influence, which maximizes the efforts of others, towards the achievement of a goal. ADVISE: Stop running around like monkeys treating employees like slaves and realize everyone is a really person and you actually CARED and LISTENED about your employees they would follow natural. All you do is command. No one the companying is worsening.

Decent company

Current Employee - Customer Care Representative in Orlando, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Care Representative in Orlando, FL (US)

I have been working at World Travel Holdings full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Working from home is nice, there is a good support structure even though you work from home.

Cons

Don't even think about vacationing during "wave season". Was told upon hire could have off for family wedding at end of March and was told after working for them I wouldn't have that time approved due to busy season.

Be honest about PTO and requests from the beginning.

World Travel Holdings Photos