World Travel Holdings

Updated 16 January 2015
2.7

World Travel Holdings Co-Chairman and Co-CEO Brad Tolkin
Brad Tolkin

Pros
  • Great for people who want to work from home and don't need daily contact (in 27 reviews)

• But seriously, the best reason to work here is perhaps the people (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Even if you've never done a work-from-home job before (in 4 reviews)

• If you have worked in a call center then you know how bad those places really are (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

MOST DISRESPECTFUL PEOPLE I HAVE EVER MET

Former Employee - Virtual Travel Agent in Virginia Beach, VA (US)
    Former Employee - Virtual Travel Agent in Virginia Beach, VA (US)

I worked at World Travel Holdings full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Nothing but rude and disrespectful people.

Cons

horrible program, disrespectful people, no true management,
    My daughter was injured at school... and my husband is active duty... They were all about me I was going to be one of their BEST employees and yadda yadda... boy they lied!
    My husband was leaving and they point blank told me that since my husband was leaving they didnt care... they were not going to work with me.. MY HUSBAND IS GOV. PROPERTY I dare them tell the government no. I called HR and they said go ahead... well then my Step daughter that I have emergency custody of (because of sexual abuse as they were told) and my other child had chickenpox.... I work from home.. so I should be allowed to have my chickenpox child here.. nope they told me that I was to find someone to watch her or they were gonna fire me.. THEN my step daughter came in to let me know that someone was here and i was on a CALL nothing major just a call with training.. * that is ridiculous and just unnecessary.* and they told me they were gonna fire me if I didnt show Military proof and doctors notes that my children had been sick and sexual abused! ARE YOU SERIOUS.. I sent over the information and proof because i have nothing to hide... and they kept threatening me.... I called military and black listed them as a company of recommendations!

BEWARE HORRIBLE COMPANY!

FIND ANOTHER JOB!

Not that impressive

Former Employee - Customer Care Representative in Wilmington, MA (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Care Representative in Wilmington, MA (US)

I worked at World Travel Holdings full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Work from home, full time

Cons

Training will have you believing this place is a level above the rest but it's nothing special. Never could get a day approved off so I eventually just started calling in whenever I had appointments or outside responsibilities. My team lead was horrible. She wasn't interested in talking with you unless you were in the top 10 for sales.

There aren't any notable perks of working here. Travel discounts are very minor but even then you can't take off time to use them. Benefits are higher than most companies.

HR is worthless if you have a real problem or concern. You get the fake empathetic tone telling you they completely understand yet make no attempt to help.

There is no point in advice. These people don't like change and are fine with the high turnover rate.

They force you to quit

Former Employee - Customer Care Representative
    Former Employee - Customer Care Representative

I worked at World Travel Holdings full-time (less than an year)

Pros

decent pay, work from home

Cons

They will eventually force you to quit if you are not a top seller. I was a CCR, not the best but honestly I didn't want the job for sales experience. I was told upon hiring it was for customer service. Dead wrong about that. Was there for 10 months and with this last shift bid they forced me to quit. The schedule was not even close to my availability and when stating my case as to why I needed specific hours they basically told me too bad. I was in absolute tears and resigned a few hours later. What's so wrong with allowing people to keep a set schedule? Why do you have to change every 12 weeks? Oh that's right, so they can weed out the low sellers. Beware all new hires. You won't last a year.

My advice isn't professional enough to put in.

Dishonest

I have been working at World Travel Holdings

Pros

Call centers are high energy. Work from home option is good idea for some workers.

Cons

Just a totally dishonest, greedy company. H.R., supervisors, upper management all lie. The dishonesty begins with the job ad. They advertise for customer service reps, but in reality the job is a sales rep position. Firing decisions are based on sales totals alone regardless of ones customer service performance or customer commendations. They own several websites and pretend to callers to be different companies-deceptive to say the least. They even lie about their employee surveys. They send out surveys that they claim are anonymous. Any dissatisfation that you report is then addressed with you in a day or two and then the supervisors start targeting you for close scrutiny. It happend to meand I remember thinking "wow an aanonymous survey that really is not".Dishonest, unethical............sucks

Pray and ask God to grant you all character.

Good Benefits for WTH

I have been working at World Travel Holdings

Pros

Travel Benefits, Insurance, 401K, Bonuses avail etc

Cons

schedules change very fast, strict metric requirements

Don't Be Suckered In!

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Jacksonville, FL (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Jacksonville, FL (US)

I worked at World Travel Holdings full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The pros - well, it's a job in "travel" I guess & you work from home.

Cons

Where to begin...1st of all, the people in this company couldn't care less about anyone new. They don't even advertise & hire "Sales Reps". You are considered "Customer Service" however your only job-goal is to SELL. They treat you like they expect you to fail & the give nothing extra to ensure that you don't. They ILLEGALLY gather ALL phone numbers of customers without their knowledge. When a customer calls into one of the many phone numbers, they think they're getting an actual cruiseline customer service when in actuality, they're getting a call center that answers calls for MOST of the major cruiselines. The customer's phone number is visible to the phone agent, if if the customer blocked their number. IS THIS EVEN LEGAL Even if you've never done a work-from-home job before. It's like a factory & working on production. They will never allow you to send an email or written note to a customer. They ask "why do you need to send an email"? Well, because the customer specifically ASKS you to send them an email. WTH says there's never a reason to NOT close a sale when you've quoted a rate. It's absurd & agents are setup to fail. If you happen to luckily make some sales, then you will be scrutinized as to why you said a instead of b, or should have upsold the cruise with a better cabin. NOTHING IS EVER GOOD ENOUGH...NOTHING. The only people who do well with this organization are the ones who are already working there. DON'T BE SUCKERED IN!!!

HERE'S A NOVEL APPROACH...START WITH HONESTY, both with yourself & with new employees. Stop illegally capturing all your callers' phone numbers, stop treating your new employees like you have no faith in them & expect them to fail. Spend more time placing value on your staff & you might see a decrease in your mind-boggling turnover rates. Correct the job titles & call it what it is...customer service & sales are 2 different things, in the rest of the world outside of WTH. STOP taking on more & more cruiselines as clients until you FIX what you already have.

Very dishonest company

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Altamonte Springs, FL (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Altamonte Springs, FL (US)

I worked at World Travel Holdings full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Call center is full of energy and busy most of the time. Pay is ok and benefits are ok

Cons

I read the post about this company being shady and dishonest. I could not agree more. I worked there for over a year and most of the fellow agents were cool, but the team leads and managers are shady. I found most of them did not know what they were doing, but would pretend and lie in a minute. Very disorganized, training offered months before it is ever needed thereby leading to one forgetting most of the info. This company simply lacks honesty, and the majority of managers spend most of their time covering up their mistakes and ego tripping. Horrible place to work unless you enjoy being sneaky and dishonest. The first act of dishonesty that this company perpetrates is in their job posting. They post the job as a customer service rep. position, but in reality it is strictly a sales rep position. Whether you stay or get fired is based strictly on your sales regardless of the quality of the customer service you deliver.

None. The issue is not a dishonest manager, it is dishonest MANAGEMENT. WTH is content operating like they do and do not wish to change.

Lost Cause

I have been working at World Travel Holdings full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great for people who want to work from home and don't need daily contact.

Cons

What they say is not true…” Our mission is to deliver a remarkable experience through providing superior quality and service and a passion for having real conversations with our customers.” Nope they want your money. They care much about past customers as they do their employees. They will burn you out and make you work 45 hours consistently just like they make past customers wait for service. They don’t care about tenure or loyalty.

Leadership has nothing to do with seniority or one’s position in the hierarchy of a company. Leadership has nothing to do with titles. LEADERSHIP is a process of social influence, which maximizes the efforts of others, towards the achievement of a goal. ADVISE: Stop running around like monkeys treating employees like slaves and realize everyone is a really person and you actually CARED and LISTENED about your employees they would follow natural. All you do is command. No one the companying is worsening.

Decent company

Current Employee - Customer Care Representative in Orlando, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Care Representative in Orlando, FL (US)

I have been working at World Travel Holdings full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Working from home is nice, there is a good support structure even though you work from home.

Cons

Don't even think about vacationing during "wave season". Was told upon hire could have off for family wedding at end of March and was told after working for them I wouldn't have that time approved due to busy season.

Be honest about PTO and requests from the beginning.

They simply don't care, no constancy and show favoritism only if you're a yes person. Over 10 years, lol who cares!

Current Employee - CCR in Woburn, MA (US)
    Current Employee - CCR in Woburn, MA (US)

I have been working at World Travel Holdings full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Work from home, travel perks

Cons

They lie to you and are very shady! They remove you from positions with no reason, no advance warning or if they so desire to give you a reason it's bs. No matter who you go to in management to address concerns, they don't care they all stick together, even in HR. Open door policy doesn't exist! They will find any reason to fire you. People who've worked there for a Centry are treated like they just started yesterday. Dedicated, loyal and hard working employees mean nothing to them. People who have stayed that long only stayed for the travel perks and work from home. I'm one of them. Honestly at this point in my opinion it's not worth my sanity. Every thing most come to end and I feel the end is near. I believe in karma and believe there's a better plan for me.

GROW SOME! Stick up for your employees, look out for them and stop abusing them because of the title you hold, you think you can treat people that way. Give poisonous boss classes and instead of finding everything wrong with agents that are forced to sell vacations or forced to stay in available when most of the time it's highly impossible, investigate the team leads and the CS managers, that's where you need to clean house. Come visit us, email us and ask us how where doing and what issues we have and you will be surprised that while you're sitting on your yacht some where or in some fancy million dollar home. Your management team is taking advantage and mistreating us like slaves! Slavery days are over! We are the reason wth is business!

World Travel Holdings Photos