Wynn Resorts

Wynn Resorts Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Wynn Resorts Chairman and CEO Stephen A. Wynn

Stephen A. Wynn

Pros
  • Best established casino resort in Las Vegas (in 4 reviews)

• Use to be a great place to work (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • No one gets to the top with their brains (in 3 reviews)

• Upper management decides what policies apply to certain individuals (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Total dismay in the F&B department....The Senior management is so out of touch.

ProsBeing full time. That is about it.

ConsGet used to a constant change in middle and lower management as they have such a high turnover that they can no longer promote from within but hire from the outside. Meaning...every new Chef has a different way of doing the menu..and that is everyday! It is mind boggling try and keep up with an inconsistent menu. There was but is no more SOP.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook at the backgrounds of some of these Chefs you hire or promote. Their 'skeletons in the closet' start to come out in patterns of abuse and flurtations.

Nine years of excellence

ProsI was part of the opening team back in 2005. From day one, Steve has made this place about the employees. There have been many changes, some great, some not so great. When something doesnt fit, he has no problem listening to his staff and fixing it right.

ConsSome people are in positions of authority who have no concept of what an effective leader is. Not all, infact, the majority of the leaders are amazing, but just a few bad apples....

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your team. You can make all the changes you want, but none will be successful without the support of your staff.

Could be better, like everything else...

Bell Attendant (Current Employee) Las Vegas, NV (US)

ProsFree meal, beautiful resort, high clientele list and high volume (for the most part).

ConsLowest Union paying positions on the strip, Wynn Employee garage is a headache, lots of pressure (depending where you work) due to constantly being shopped. Management has a lot of snitches and back-stabbers.

Advice to Senior ManagementEven if you assume someone is not doing the right thing, put our faith on them and they will eventually see that and do the right thing.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great experience at Wynn Resorts.

ProsRoom for growth is exceptional.

ConsVPs have a sense of entitlement.

Advice to Senior ManagementVPs and directors should not come first.

It's a prison

Manager (Current Employee) Las Vegas, NV (US)

ProsHmmm, tough, but here goes, nice building

ConsThis is the panoptic work place at its finest. Workers are treated like prisoners at all times and bullied by the Guards who masquerade as executives. Being a tall blonde will get everything. No one gets to the top with their brains.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou should do 360 degree reviews. If you think you don't have bullies, chances are it's you.

Great experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsExciting and it's on the LV Strip

ConsIt's on the LV Strip LOL

It is an upscale casino/hotel in Las Vegas that I pride working for.

Assistant Manager (Current Employee) Las Vegas, NV (US)

ProsBeautiful decor, upscale customers, higher than average wage

ConsWynn does not have a pleasant relationship with his table games staff, hostile work environment amongst dealers

Advice to Senior ManagementBring back the Encore EDR. The recession is over.

I'm happy to work in the company

House Person (Current Employee) Las Vegas, NV (US)

ProsI work to leave and for my family

Consmay rate is a little bit low

Advice to Senior ManagementJust increase our salary

Avoid working at Wynn

General Manager (Former Employee) Las Vegas, NV (US)

ProsThe resort is beautiful, great benefits and paid lunch meal.

ConsNot every division run by the same policies and procedures. Upper management decides what policies apply to certain individuals. If you disagree, employee relations will not support you as they state it is the decision that division's upper management and that is who they support. Unless you are willing to be their puppet, you are either fired or forced out. Associate salaries are the lowest on the strip. There is no real training other than new hire orientation.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow employees to express themselves and evaluate your current management. Many managers have no experience and hold high positions solely because the "play the game". Unless things change, the new hotels opening on the strip will not only steal away your employees but your guests will opt to stay elsewhere.

A LOT OF POLITICS

Operations Manager (Current Employee) Las Vegas, NV (US)

ProsWorking in a nice environment

ConsDealing with superiors that are here because of kissing ass everyday and not because of their potentials

Advice to Senior ManagementNo vacation days for the first year. Look around for better oportunities

Worked for Wynn Resorts? Contribute to the Community!