Xerox

2.6 1,372 reviews

Xerox Chairman and CEO Ursula M. Burns

Ursula M. Burns

1,372 Employee Reviews

Pros:
  • "Work/Life Balance - Strict 9-5 job, with the opportunity to work from home"
    in 87 reviews
  • "Current manager is outstanding and the ability to work from home is a pleasure"
    in 44 reviews
Cons:
  • "No raises for over 5 years, I TRULY CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHY I STILL WORK HERE"
    in 80 reviews
  • "Most upper management have received salary increase over the last 6 years but staff has not"
    in 59 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Xerox - Join the journey

Services Management (Current Employee)
Rochester, NY (US)

I have been working at Xerox full-time for more than 8 years

Prosgreat business education, smart colleagues, good mix of services and technology background, lots of opportunity to work virtually, visibility to lots of other clients

Consdepending on role may be limited opportunity for career advancement, traditional sales led organization which can be tough on operational leaders, tremendous change taking place as the organization shifts to services from technology

Advice to Senior Managementfocus on rewarding employees focused on adapting to change and reward critical operations roles

Great Company, forever changing

Financial Analyst (Current Employee)
Webster, NY (US)

ProsGreat work life balance
Good Pay
Great people
Endless Job possibilities if desired and you work hard

ConsNo pay increases in years
No monitary reward and recognition
Continuously changing and downsizing.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of CEO

25 Years with Xerox

Manager (Current Employee)
Rochester, NY (US)

I have been working at Xerox full-time for more than 10 years

ProsBrand Recognition, Global presence, Good policies and benefits, good people, Training opportunities,

ConsUndervalue employees, limited raises and bonuses, Shifting from lucrative manufacturer to much tighter profit lines in services industry. Senior managers not transformational leaders. Buinsess lines continually outsourcing and downsizing. Most 'growth' achieved through cost cutting labor force.

Advice to Senior ManagementIdentify profitable and non-profitable business lines. Get out of non-profitable lines. Eliminate bonuses for only broadband and above or share with everyone.

Xerox is a fine company to work for as long as Xerox isn't the "parent" company

Call Center Support (Current Employee)
San Jose, CA (US)

I have been working at Xerox full-time for more than a year

ProsThe Xerox reputation is being tainted by companies they own but dont monitor

ConsAs a parent company, Xerox doesnt monitor HR or other company policies

Alright place to work

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)

I have been working at Xerox full-time for more than a year

ProsWork life balance, bus passes, good benefits , good amount of vacation and sick time

ConsHorrible pay, bosses dont care about you as a person

Advice to Senior ManagementPay us what we are worth

Good experience but needs to motivate employees more.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Chicago, IL (US)

I worked at Xerox full-time

ProsWorked with a good manager who trusts the team. We all worked well together. I had the opportunity to have a good leader which is not common within the department. My manager valued the work that I was doing. Although I can see other teams who do not have the same experience with their managers. Some managers are not effective leaders.

ConsHad no pay raise for 3 years that I was there. Need more good leaders and stop micromanaging.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrust your team more so that will be motivated to perform better.

Good place work as an Intern

Summer Intern (Former Employee)
Webster, NY (US)

I worked at Xerox as an intern for less than a year

ProsIt's wonderful place for internship. You will get paid almost the same as the full-time employee. Usually, an intern will get a very interesting project to work. At the end of the internship, there is a post session just for interns to present their works.

ConsThe company is confusing. Since there is very limit market for printers, people are trying to work in different areas where they are not good at them.

ACS - A Giant meat market for the unknowing

Direct Express Debit Card Services Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
Draper, UT (US)

I worked at Xerox full-time for less than a year

ProsIt was a job and nothing more

ConsIt's metrix are completely horrible, and the pay is piece rate and the training is absolutely grueling and terribly long

Advice to Senior ManagementFind another place to work

Loved my career at Xerox

I have been working at Xerox full-time for more than 10 years

ProsXerox brand is strong and other companies respect your training and skills developed.

ConsCost cutting has become the method to profit; Xerox is struggling to get growth.

Management seems lost

Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee)
Wilsonville, OR (US)

I worked at Xerox full-time for more than 8 years

ProsLoved the work and the coworkers around me. Coworkers more than willing to help each other out and very supportive of each other.

ConsA lot of employees acting very busy, but really not working at all. Managers have little connection with their employees, so when it's lay off time, they don't defend the positions, but worry about themselves. Managers don't respect current CEO, and they are not afraid to voice that dissatisfaction. Every meeting I was in there were complaints about "xerox Mothership" and senior management.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop hiring all contractors and retain employees who are willing to work hard for you. The consistent layoffs while contractors stay makes for terrible morale. Dump the managers who have been there 20+ yrs and consistently tell their employees how terrible senior management is and what a terrible company Xerox is to work for. Until consistent layoffs stop, I can't recommend anyone go to work here.

Worked for Xerox? Contribute to the Community!

Xerox Videos

Xerox – Why Work for Us?

Why build your career at Xerox? Because every day you’ll work alongside people who are as passionate about new ideas, customer service and success as you are. In fact, this passion is at the heart of what we do… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Xerox reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Xerox CEO Ursula M. Burns. All 1,372 reviews are posted anonymously by Xerox employees.