Xerox

Updated Jul 28, 2014

2.6 1,599 reviews

Xerox Chairman and CEO Ursula M. Burns

Ursula M. Burns

Pros
  • Friendly working environment and work life balance should be the top most pros (in 98 reviews)

• Work from home; hoping for change now that they got rid of previous ACS-INC CEO (in 54 reviews)

Cons
  • No raises for over 5 years, I TRULY CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHY I STILL WORK HERE (in 100 reviews)

• Senior Management needs some improvement (especially in Services) (in 64 reviews)

More Highlights
1,599 Employee Reviews

Long term pain

ProsHigh name recognition- looks good on resume; some really dedicated, good employees (getting thinner all the time)

ConsEvery quarter there is a layoff so management can 'make their numbers' (even though division is making a profit, employees are laid off to make it look like unrealistic profit goals have been made) - unstable work environment and difficult to keep forward movement on projects when key players are no longer with the company
    Outsourced many key positions to Cognizant - again this makes it difficult and adds multiple layers of complexity/ politics

Advice to Senior ManagementThe policy of making quarterly 'numbers' by laying people off is very short sighted as is outsourcing core business. Start looking at the long term/ big picture

Some Good Some bad

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Bakersfield, CA (US)

Proswages, breaks, Nice coworkers, get as much overtime you want

Consmandatory overtime, schedules, the customers and training

IT Project Manager

IT Project Manager (Former Employee) Sandy, UT (US)

ProsAutonomy, Bonuses. Central Location, Opportunities for working abroad.

ConsMost of the business units personnel are very "junior" in IT Best Practices. Need better office space. Watch out for nepotism!!!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in more talented employees. Cheap labor = cheap results.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good, relaxed and supportive company

Intern (Current Employee) Webster, NY (US)

ProsRelaxed, not micromanaged, relatively well paying, good people, helpful in getting you the support and resources you need, flexible schedule

Conssometimes slow and have to take your own initiative

Advice to Senior ManagementStay positive and involved in the employees needs

Challenge

Account Manager (Current Employee) Regina, SK (Canada)

Prosgreat training, proven sales practice

Conscould be sometimes rough, but thats what sales is all about.

Advice to Senior Managementgreat management

Great people who work together to truly support one another

ProsI work with intelligent people at varying levels, all with solid business savvy. They constantly think outside the box to meet the stringent deadlines and ever changing market of consulting. I work from home office and am allowed to "run my desk" with a great degree of independence. This affords me a challenging and lucrative career with life/family balance for which I am grateful.

ConsIn a company of this size timely communication is always a challenge. Policies, procedures, org charts change on a regular basis and you have to be willing to reach out and ask questions to stay informed.

Great people to work with

Senior Functional Analyst (Current Employee) Secaucus, NJ (US)

ProsGreat people, compensation is ok, flexible work environment.

ConsAdvancement is based on who you know.

Senior Account Management Role

Senior Sales Executive (Current Employee)

ProsStrong brand, planned growth in other markets.

ConsCulture clash & different strategies between the traditional Xerox Technology org and the new Xerox Services group. Offerings need to be stronger outside the US. Weak global leadership - APAC.

Advice to Senior ManagementIdentify SME's in each vertical that can support the selling & account management efforts across the organization. Add people that know the targeted account inside/out with great relationships - they're the glue. Stay committed to a global approach- account management, cross-selling, standardization across geo's and one voice/strategy.

Employment experience

Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsGreat smart coworkers. Flexible hours and decent benefits. Convenient location in suburbs. Opportunity for patenting ideas supported by excellent intellectual property framework.

ConsNo upward mobility, too many managers and not enough working engineers or technicians. Reliance on temporary contract help and no long term commitment to engineering. Way too top heavy with senior management. So much Multitasking that you are behind before you start something new.

Advice to Senior ManagementPeople are not given opportunity to grow their careers because senior management wants to keep good engineers and technicians in their established roles.

Great

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Nashville, TN (US)

ProsGood work environment, fun, fast-paced.

ConsNone really, I had hoped to get hired for long term.

Worked for Xerox? Contribute to the Community!