Zara Reviews

Updated 30 October 2014
2.8

Zara First Deputy Chairman and CEO Inditex Pablo Isla Álvarez de Tejera
Pablo Isla Álvarez de Tejera

Pros
  • people are nice good pay and its good for students who just want spare pocket money and part time (in 20 reviews)

• fast paced, lots of interaction with customers, decent pay, hiring process is inefficient and tedious (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • Necessity to wait three months until you can get your employee discount and uniform (in 27 reviews)

• Rude customers, high turn over rate, 15% discount (in 26 reviews)

More Highlights

ZARA has a Strength to identify the trend which is demanding the customer.

Current Employee - Sales Assistant in New Delhi
    Current Employee - Sales Assistant in New Delhi

I have been working at Zara full-time (more than an year)

Pros

i am happy that i have got the part of number one retailer in the world. it's culture very different from the other companies.

Cons

ZARA is known for it's punctuality

In future it should lunch the best designed suit for the customer.

worlds no 1 retailer

I worked at Zara

Pros

good company to learn basics of retail and fashion trends

Cons

not employee freindly, please try tyo teach your employees more of operational part along with visual merchandise

try to retain old staffs and managers.

Over all zara experience

Former Employee - Department Manager in New Delhi
    Former Employee - Department Manager in New Delhi

I worked at Zara full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Learning about managment, time mgt, staff mgt as per international standard

Cons

Politics and HR specially Gunjan sardana she just speak without using her mind ( always demotivate the staff ) and senior mgt team are dumb. Not good in taking decision. No reatil KPI LEARNING.

Grow up, keep your attitude aside and start giving respect to lower mgt to get your work done on time. Fair treatment is not there, as we use to discuss in zara. Good for customers but not for staff as attrition rate is pretty high try to work on it.

Awesome

I have been working at Zara

Pros

Learning, always busy in work

Cons

Work Pressure, Too much pressure of sales

none

new things to learn a lot

Current Employee - Cashier in Mumbai
    Current Employee - Cashier in Mumbai

I have been working at Zara (less than an year)

Pros

it provide a great salary as well as many benefit and growth as per the perfomance.

Cons

the politics of senior and their behaviour can make any one to leave the job while the manager doesnt talk to rudely as the seniors do

its very good to work at zara but the senior are not good the manager doesnt talk to rudely as the seniors do.and its good to work beacuse growth is there but the senior politics and there behaviour can make anyone to leave the job on spot..

I havery good experience in Zara

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Bangalore
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Bangalore

I have been working at Zara full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Its honor of Time ,We have to work 8 hour not more than not less than,

Cons

There is not having its own principal......

To take care the downside management...........

Great!

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Washington, DC (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Washington, DC (US)

I have been working at Zara part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Always fast pace and upbeat environment.

Cons

No real room to move up.

Awesome!

Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Seattle, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Seattle, WA (US)

I have been working at Zara full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I honestly enjoy working at Zara's, I think we have a great team! I love how the managers work together with the rest of the employees, it's hard to tell who's management or not because everyone just does an amazing job working together. It really does take a village to get things done! I also think it's pretty amazing how you have so many people who are willing to train you in any department. if you are someone who is looking for hours, this is for you!

Cons

Closing was a bit lengthy for me, perhaps a system that allows the employees distribute their time so that it doesn't take long to close. But that is also something that is complicated to do in retail, I think it kinda comes with the whole retail idea.

I think it would be great if your employees could get a higher percentage for their discount, it's a bit disappointing. Work shoes are not comfortable for the lengthy working hours.

Amazing place to "start"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Boston, MA (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Boston, MA (US)

I have been working at Zara part-time

Pros

Compensation! The pay here is better here than most retail jobs. In addition, and depending on which store you work at, you also get a percentage of what the store makes, a nice perk called store commission. Trust me when I tell you this looks really nice on a paycheck, and more so when you think about the lack of pressure devoid and which usually come from its opposite, that being personal sales commission.
    It may vary from department, but from what I've experienced, there is a certain amount of freedom that is enjoyed here that is rarely found anywhere else. This is primarily because of the close relationship between the managers and the employees: no red tape/bureaucratic bs/ hr hoola hoop dance. In few words, the proximity of the relationship between managers and employees allows for occasionally leniency and understanding so few people in the retail industry are otherwise afforded, especially at a store like Zara.
    Zara looks great on a resume, whether you're experience there was good or otherwise. It's not Gucci or Barneys, but it's also not Walmart or HM. Zara is as high as you can go in the retail chain without the preoccupations that come with a high luxury brand, i.e. dictatorial management, surreal expectations to meet sales goals. Zara is the kind of place to start if you're looking to work at Jonh Varvatos, Burbbery, Neiman Marcus, or any of the two aforementioned brands.

Cons

Little to no room for growth
    A distinct lack of consideration for employees, whether it be to use the restroom or the way in which management frequently maligns its hard working employees.
    work-life balance, though this is applicable to almost any job in retail. Some more than others,....

It would be nice to see management spend less time chastising its employees and more time utilizing effective criticism to help its employees without breaking them down in the process. When applicable, it's also important to praise the employees, especially if they have taken initiative and/or endured demands that inevitably come with working in retail.

Worked as a sales assistant for over a year

Former Employee - Sales Assistant
    Former Employee - Sales Assistant

I worked at Zara part-time (more than an year)

Pros

- friendly staff
    - good pay

Cons

- never finished on time
    - despite being contracted to 8h, sometimes I worked over 20 despite having university commitments
    - not enough support from the management

Pay more attention to sales assistants. They have good and creative ideas!

Zara Photos