Zara

Zara Reviews

Updated Jul 28, 2014

Zara First Deputy Chairman and CEO Inditex Pablo Isla Álvarez de Tejera

Pablo Isla Álvarez de Tejera

Pros
  • good pay and bonus every month dependent on how the company does (in 18 reviews)

• Employees dynamic was very positive to the work environment (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Necessity to wait three months until you can get your employee discount and uniform (in 23 reviews)

• Rude customers, high turn over rate, 15% discount (in 23 reviews)

More Highlights

Awesome

ProsLearning, always busy in work

ConsWork Pressure, Too much pressure of sales

Advice to Senior Managementnone

Over all zara experience

Department Manager (Former Employee) New Delhi

ProsLearning about managment, time mgt, staff mgt as per international standard

ConsPolitics and HR specially Gunjan sardana she just speak without using her mind ( always demotivate the staff ) and senior mgt team are dumb. Not good in taking decision. No reatil KPI LEARNING.

Advice to Senior ManagementGrow up, keep your attitude aside and start giving respect to lower mgt to get your work done on time. Fair treatment is not there, as we use to discuss in zara. Good for customers but not for staff as attrition rate is pretty high try to work on it.

Fashion Consultant

Fashion Consultant (Current Employee) Chennai

ProsGood to start one career

ConsLess payscale and long working hours

Advice to Senior ManagementRecognise

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

new things to learn a lot

Cashier (Current Employee) Mumbai

Prosit provide a great salary as well as many benefit and growth as per the perfomance.

Consthe politics of senior and their behaviour can make any one to leave the job while the manager doesnt talk to rudely as the seniors do

Advice to Senior Managementits very good to work at zara but the senior are not good the manager doesnt talk to rudely as the seniors do.and its good to work beacuse growth is there but the senior politics and there behaviour can make anyone to leave the job on spot..

I havery good experience in Zara

Assistant Manager (Current Employee) Bangalore

ProsIts honor of Time ,We have to work 8 hour not more than not less than,

ConsThere is not having its own principal......

Advice to Senior ManagementTo take care the downside management...........

Part time sales associate

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsGood place to work as student.

ConsYou have to do the best you can and you a well paid

Advice to Senior ManagementHard worker and dont be stressful

It was a different experience, for me and i would recommend this job to anyone.

Sales (Former Employee) Las Vegas, NV (US)

Prosfast pace , fun envoirment

Consclosed minded, needs help on better customer service training

WAY TOO HARD

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Dallas, TX (US)

Pros-great learning expirience if youre starting on the retail merchandising road
    - great benefits if full-time
    -fashion trends affordable
    -paid holidays if full time

Cons- work - life balance impossibility
    -after a year, no discussion of a raise sometimes years passed and theres still none
    -no hours for part time, making full time work on extreme situations and impossible to get things done due to high volume of customers
    -family and personal emergencies are not considered as one so you will be fingered at
    -schedules

Advice to Senior Managementthere's a lot of people unhappy at that location due to the cut of shifts and schedule changes, two class pets that get the best hours and lately being asked by the company to work harder is bogus when the store is packed every single day. The managers are very rude to the employees in front of customers and they are always stressed.

Good way to get some experience, but then ... is better to look for something else.

Sales Assistant (Former Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsFlessible timetable: possibility to work just in specific days of the week, perfect for students and people who have more than one job.
    Sometimes you are lucky enought to work with a good team.
    Possibility to grow really fast inside the company.
    Good starting point for people without a working experience.
    Good commissions.

ConsDo not expect to receive any appreciation for the job done: even if you do your best, will always be some criticism from the management staff.
    The employ discount is ridiculous, 15% off.
    Most of the management is arrogant and unable to manage and motivate the team. The reason why is linked to the possibility to grow really fast inside the company (in less than two years you can go from basic sales assistant to department manager): the trainings are not long enought to get a proper knowledge/experience about managing people.
    Unable to motivate and retain people.
    The figure of the employ is seen as a sort of machine: there is no possibility to express personal opinions, you have just to get your job done how and when they "order" you.
    The power is too much centralised: avery single indication comes from Spain. They pretend to apply the same marketing mix, health & safety rules, ... in the same way everywhere without keeping into account that every single store has specific features and needs.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to involve people a bit more inside the system.
    Create some strategies to retain people.

Just to sume up: pay attention a bit more to the umanistic side of the company and less at the economic part (you're already earning a lot of money!).

It was every day an adventure.

Head Cashier (Current Employee) Viernheim (Germany)

ProsIt was like a famaly. I loved it to go to work

Consalways something new to learn

Advice to Senior Managementone was trained daily

Worked for Zara? Contribute to the Community!