Zynga

Zynga Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014

Zynga CEO Don Mattrick

Don Mattrick

Pros
  • Free food and snacks are good and did offset some of the salary cut the pre-ipo hired took(in 52 reviews)

• Benefits, cool office environment, in house Gym, breakfast, lunch and dinner(in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • Most employees have a very poor work-life balance, especially around holidays(in 40 reviews)

• Low morale coupled with long hours at my studio(in 25 reviews)

Product Manger

ProsGood Analysis and very good leadership sills

ConsCompany lacks long term view of future.

Zynga is for people who like to lick the boots of HR & know to blow their trumpet well...

QA Role (Former Employee) Bangalore

ProsFood, Food, nothing much to mention about

Cons>> Attitude of HR [Big heads] as Appraisal, Perks & Compensation is in their Hands. Never seen a company like this before.
       Its like supreme power given to Monkeys, their experience & Maturity level is way below their knees. Professionalism, Culture & Ethics is absolutely shitty.
    >> Only people who lick HR boots get good hikes & perks, all other dedicated employees are ignored.
    >> Not a place for prompt, disciplined, silent & smart workers.
    >> HR promises many things while offering, hardly keep such promises.

Advice to Senior Management>> Try to recognise people with open mindedness. Dont presume things & reward people of your choice.
    >> All that glitters is not Gold, recognise individual's contribution towards work than their licking/boasting capabilities.
    >> Stop playing with people's career. Day is not too far where everyone will witness the ship sinking.
    >> Follow the 3M rule: Effective utilisation of Men, Material & Money - Core thing missing in Zynga [Colossal waste of 3M].

Zynga India - synonym for Favoritism, Nepotism, Corruption

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) Bangalore

ProsFood. Good enough facilities. Amiable security staff (nothing else to write !!)

ConsIn Zynga India HR and ceratain bosses has the ultimate say against any reason & justification. haughty and ludicrous HR top. Top notch favoritism. Shameless mouth-blabbering wins over dedication and skill. Corruption in art-outsourcing. The manager who initiated large amount art-outsourcing to certain indian companies draws huge amounts from them as fringe-benefit, monthly. preposterous country manager.

Basicaly The top bosses wants to pocket as much dollars as possible from USA, while all this lasts. This is a place for mouth-blabbers, smart-talkers and shameless butt-kissers. Not a place for skilled folks who consider there careers important.

Advice to Senior ManagementEnjoy your life. But remember, if you are unethical and rotten to your subordinates , it reflects everywhere, even to yourself. Why this life?

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Food is the only good thing

N/A (Former Employee) Bangalore

ProsGood food. Good compensation. There is nothing else good about Zynga.

ConsThe HR has control over everything that happens at Zynga.
    Performance does not matter
    Way too much office politics
    Career growth takes a backseat
    Contract employees are treated like crap
    The money and employees are underutilized.
    Its a sinking ship and nothing is being done to revive it.
    Very unorganised in general.

Advice to Senior ManagementCome up with new better and creative games and not just improvise on the same old existing games.
    There s way too much money spent on keeping the employees enterained which is a waste sometimes.

Amazing place to work at. Great people

Intern (Former Employee) Bangalore

ProsReally passioante people. Know what they are doing and love to do it. Good compensation.

ConsManagers have a greater say than they ought to.

Zynga-experience

Producer (Current Employee) Bangalore

ProsTalented people to work with ,challenging projects and work on new ip for a huge platform

ConsWork life balance is not great.

Awesome food, culture and people

Software Developer (Former Employee) Bangalore

ProsThere will be lot of team outings. Food is amazing. Work depends on what team you get into. People are fun.

Conswork depends on what team you get into and for most parts its sucky. Work life balance is pretty much screwed up

Advice to Senior Managementcome up with better games and game-play rather than reskinning the same gameplay all the time

OK not good not great

Associate Product Manager (Current Employee) Bangalore

Prossteep learning curve initially,great benefits and you get to play a lot of games. scope for great analysis and learning

Consnepotism,incompetent people leading some teams

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Kick Ass Place to work

QA Engineer (Current Employee) Bangalore

ProsExciting work
    Rewarded for Ownership
    Great facilities
    Pampered by Employers

ConsHectic schedule.
    Work life balance needs to prioritised
    Office politics

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work

been good so far

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Bangalore

Prosownership, fast paced, valued for your work

Consloosing the startup culture, need to reinvent in phones

Worked for Zynga? Contribute to the Community!