Zynga

Zynga Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014

Zynga CEO Don Mattrick

Don Mattrick

Pros
  • Free food and snacks are good and did offset some of the salary cut the pre-ipo hired took(in 52 reviews)

• Benefits, cool office environment, in house Gym, breakfast, lunch and dinner(in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • Most employees have a very poor work-life balance, especially around holidays(in 40 reviews)

• Low morale coupled with long hours at my studio(in 25 reviews)

Great place to work with.

QA Engineer I (Current Employee) Bangalore

ProsGreat work environment.
    Liberal in working hours.
    Less stress
    High Standards

ConsPolitics and Bad review of skills.

Not really a good place for engineers

Associate Software Engineer (Current Employee) Bangalore

ProsFun Place to Work , Free Food, Good Opportunities for personal growth, you get to work on games played by thousands of players.

ConsNot really a good place for engineers. Most engineers get to work on sunset games transitioned from the US with the aim of keeping the revenue stable for some time.
    Company not doing well ans has had multiple layoffs in the past

Good for chilling out , no technical work

Software Engineer (Former Employee) Bangalore

ProsAwesome , i think ultimate food
    Good amount of Swags
    Good Salary(Initially when you join)
    Extra curriculars

ConsNon Technical work , only copy paste(Atleast in India center)
    Pathetic or no salary hikes

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen you hire people for Bangalore center , tell them exactly what they have to do , I have seen your HRs just making them speak with some people who will tell them lies about work just to make join. This should not be happening.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

flexible, free, fun workplace

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Bangalore

Prosgood working environment, fast paced and highly creative and technically skilled peers

Consremuneration is less for the effort we put in, and the career growth is kinda of neutral or depends on he manager you get.

Advice to Senior Managementneed good remunerations for the effort we put in to the company round the clock.

Good experience

Associate Software Engineer (Current Employee) Bangalore

ProsFun work environment. Good games. Overall enjoyable. I love to play the games they build. especially farmville and casino mafia

ConsNot much I can think of. Fun work environment. Good games. Overall enjoyable. I love to play the games they build. especially farmville and casino mafia

Bad compensation, bad work/life balance, horrible upper Management

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Bangalore

ProsThe people you work with are mostly young and driven. Work from home option.

Cons- HR and upper Management one of the worst I have ever experienced
    - Level ups and comp increase heavily depended on how well you cuddle up to HR or upper Management
    - frequent late nights and weekend work
    - no transparency for anything from Level ups to why certain Studios are preferred over others

Advice to Senior Managementwake up and look at who is really working and reward those, take away some power from HR

Good facilities but lousy work culture and people management

ProsDecent free food, recreational facilities, flexi hours, wfh option, unlimited leave policy.

ConsYou won't get any visibility, promotions, pay hikes or bonuses without sucking up to Indian HR. If you're a pet of HR, life is made for you here. Blatant favouritism displayed by HR. Game teams are favoured over other support teams. Plenty of politics.

Advice to Senior ManagementReward employees who turn in good work. Stop centering so much power in HR.

Amazing till 2011. Changed drastically most that

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsZynga still has some talented people to work with. There is a strong analytical culture that if done right (like the early years) can be a great learning opportunity for people.

ConsLost focus over time. Early employees left or checked out.
    The management let strong people leave and were left with some poor employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmpower employees like the early years. Keep on your toes to keep innovating and looking for new disruptions.

An Ok company with lots of cash, poor technology, very bad managers and no strategy

Senior QA Engineer (Current Employee) Bangalore

ProsFood is amazing.
    Work will be recognized and lots of cash / promotions will follow if you work hard. Never felt underpaid here or ever thought about not getting that hike. Hikes are good. Gift cards are given generously for even small achievements.
    I have a very satisfied work life balance. May be because I am not in the game teams.
    Facilities do an awesome job here. Employees are regularly treated with great food on occasion of festivals and others.

ConsManagers do not contribute at all. They just sit and spend their time playing politics.And most managers are either over qualified or totally under qualified for their jobs. While the former are good but less in number. The latter are worthless and do a real shoddy job here.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake managers responsible for everything that his team does or does wrong. Train them to run a team properly.

Fast Moving company, Like Finance Market, Bad for Engineers, Great for PMs

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) Bangalore

ProsFast Culture - even though it is a big company, things move at a very fast pace.
    Data Driven Decisions - most of the decisions are taken based on internal data platform.
    Meritocracy - if you slog enough, they'll promote you and shower you with cash.

ConsZynga India is a outsource shop, cost saving strategy.
    Code quality is horrible, terrible. Very bad Engineering Culture in Game Teams. High attrition rate.

Advice to Senior ManagementNothing specific

Worked for Zynga? Contribute to the Community!