alliantgroup, LP

Updated 9 October 2014
Updated 9 October 2014
2.6

Dhaval R. Jadav

Pros
  • Health benefits, free food during tax season, money-if senior leadership likes you (in 13 reviews)

• I have always been rewarded for all the hard work I put into the company (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Management could be a lot better, high-turnover, no work-life balance (in 14 reviews)

• tax season with so many people leaving and too much work to distribute (in 22 reviews)

More Highlights

87 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Met some of my best friends... you know what they say, misery loves company.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I was given the opportunity to work along side some of the most amazing people possible.
    I had a gained an unsurpassed amount of experience in the few years I worked there.
    Let me be very clear, I LOVED the people I worked with and my actual job. However, I value myself as a person and my health.

Cons

First of all, everything you read on here - it's true - regardless of what others tell you. There are some departments that are "easier", less abusive to work in. However, the challenges do not, ever, outweigh the pros. I know so many people that have been pushed to their breaking point and do not know how or where to turn.
    The "constructive" criticism that is provided is laughable at best. You truly cannot understand what it is like to work there until you do - which I hope you don't.
    The "transparency" is hilarious. They are absolutely transparent about who sucks, but if it is discussed, you are brought into a meeting and accused of not being with the culture. If you hang out with employees who are no longer there, while you still are, you are not with the culture. Being happy for someone that has been able to move on is absolutely unacceptable.
    The hours are unbearable - conference calls at all hours of the night because it's internal, therefore necessary that it be outside of "customer facing hours" - so if you want to see your family or friends, DON'T, you'll have to leave whatever you are doing to take a phone call at the drop of a hat.

There is truly no advice to provide. They know what needs to change and actively decide it is the employees, not the management.

Why on earth did I ever sign up for this abuse

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Covered parking when it's raining. And the privilege to waste the day away responding to congratulatory emails. Cattle call lunches by floor. Leaving each day realizing just how stupid people really are.

Cons

Millennial cult working conditions at its finest. Run by maniacal self-serving, gluttonous buffoon's favoring impressionable and inexperienced youth that most likely came from broken homes fostering low self-esteems. Fear and verbal abuse will be instilled into your daily regimen. Don't dare speak up, I watched them haul people out like criminals just for having a (valid) opinion. If you want to be abused ...you've found just the right place. If you are educated with any self respect ...then spare your dignity and keep away! This place could easily be the next ENRON disaster.

They won't listen! It would be easier to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Great view, terrible management

Former Employee - Project Coordinator in Houston, TX (US)

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Free lunch and beverages, sometimes alcohol. A lot of eye candy

Cons

No work/life balance. The company makes entirely too much to be paying their employees so low and not rewarding them. Salaries are non negotiable.

The tax season hours are ridiculous and they try to compensate your time by feeding you and serving beer. I'd much rather be at home than getting fat and drunk at work. This is probably why half of the company is obese and lacking a social life.

You all suck.

Disappointment.

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP (more than an year)

Pros

The interview process is the most positive aspect of the company. The directors and recruiters are skilled in painting a grand picture of a complete failure of a workplace. They are also great at at writing 5-star reviews on Glassdoor.

Cons

Meet your "mentors": Desperate, Unprofessional, Micro-managing, Whiny, Lazy, Demanding, and Greedy.

Meet your "managers": Unethical, Narcissistic, Egotistical, Arrogant, and Awkward.

The business model has failed. They cannot maintain an acceptable turnover rate.

Management ignores feedback and often retaliates against those who offer advice.

Best choice I EVER made... I left

Former Employee - Project Coordinator in Houston, TX (US)

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I gained a friend or two from here.

Cons

Oh lord where do I start. I was there for a long time and not once was I “happy”.

I didn’t get my first raise until I was a year and a half in. They didn’t even notice, I setup the meeting and got one. Leaving at 6:30 pm (when your hours are done) is not a option. They get mad at you for not leaving past 7:00pm. During tax season and not during. I’m sorry but that’s freaking ridiculous! Not everyone there hates going home to their husband, wife or family. I guess some of the upper management does. They also LOVE to hire people fresh out of college because they don’t know any better. The ONLY and I mean ONLY reason there are a couple of 5 star reviews is because upper management make their employees write them when they get a raise or promoted. Now that’s just sad.

Free soda and lunch…. SOO COOL. I rather go home on my lunch break than eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner with you people. They only reason they bring in free lunch is so you can’t leave the freaking office. Don’t you get it… they want you to live there! This place is falling apart fast and I will not say I’m sorry about that.

If you are still there just “dealing” with it and saying to yourself it’s a job no one said it was easy. Please read all the negative reviews and take them seriously. It’s only going to get worse for you. If you are dreaming about having a family soon then you better wake up… because at alliantgroup it will not happen.

Not worth it. Nothing will make this company better.

Things Have Not Changed

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time

Pros

There are NO pros--either to state or in management. They are a bunch of egotistical maniacs with a culture that is not only a lie, but toxic, which speaks to their turnover. They walk the line regarding breaking the law. They have been investigated.

Cons

Everything: unprofessional, childish, greedy, out for themselves only, the hours you work will never be enough or appreciated.

Leave.

It really is as bad as the reviews say it is

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Free food
    Cool co-workers (not management)
    I can't even get to the 20 word minimum for this section, which is sad.

Cons

Say goodbye to your life and health

The worst CEO ever. He calls people out in meetings and tells them how awful they are - he has been know for going off on someone for 30 minutes in front of the entire department.

Want "high performers" aka people will follow them aimlessly and buy into their "culture"

Unbearable hours - if you leave at 6:30 you are looked down upon

Transparency really means the can talk bad about you to everyone

Illegal hiring practices by management. I once heard my director telling a recruiter no accents

Awful language and stories daily and are strongly encouraged.

Tons of drinking and drugs

Lots of games to be played - if you are asked to go anywhere with management but have other plans, make sure you cancel them to make yourself 100% available.

They wouldn't take advice

Happy to he a part of the big blue "a"!

Current Employee - Associate Attorney in Houston, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Associate Attorney in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (less than an year)

Pros

alliantgroup was my first job out of law school when looking for a different type of legal career. It's a place that is fast paced and high energy that encourages performance, passion and success. You are told from day 1 to be greedy with your career and blaze your own trail, and the culture truly allows you to do that. You're surrounded by professionals who want to succeed and want to work with you to allow you to be better. It is a company that fosters collaboration to promote success for employees and also successful outcomes for clients. The culture is one that fosters individuality, healthy competition and high performance. It allows for your success and drive to shine through and help you advance your career. The team environment allows for you to be surrounded by people who care about your career and success, but also your well being as a person. You are trained and prepared for success through continual education and on the job training to give you the opportunity for success an a long career. The perks of working for the company are unmeasurable-community, company and team events, countless building amenities (parking, cafe, gym, lounges), comprehensive corporate wellness program, incentive structures, relaxed dress code, travel opportunities, etc. Every day, I am happy to go to work, spend the work day with the people around me and continue growing as a professional. I have had a wonderful experience working there and am looking forward to a long and happy career with the blue a!

Cons

The year absolutely has it's busy seasons, which can lead to longer hours, but the company structure is set up to support everyone during those times so it does not become a problem.

Keep at it! The management of the company is so available to the employees, no matter what level, and that is so refreshing. It's amazing for executives to know your name, have lunch with you, walk around and see how everyone is, and take an active role in people's careers. I can honestly say I know every member of management and they are a delight to work with and know as people and bosses. Kudos to you all for running a company that is so available to it's members and for taking such good care of your employees.

Just don't Do It

Former Employee - Project Coordinator in Houston, TX (US)

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Getting out was a huge pro. Talk about dead end. Oh how I wish I could use an emoji. I digress. Other than that, I made a limited amount of good friends but only trusted about 2 of them for good reason. Moving on, sobriety was a limited expectation so if you are in AA or NA, this is not the place for you but you will find many of your relapsed friends here. Good Luck !

Cons

Remember those friends that I previously mentioned? Well they are gone along with much unnecessary anxiety and stress. We are proud of you ! To those who stay, my condolences. Don't expect to see the people you started with longer than 4 -6 months. At some point you will learn that you will never be rightly acknowledged, vastly listened to, respected, or highly admired.. for anything. Being grateful is a joke, but nobody is laughing. At that point you will feel some type of way and people will blame you for no longer giving a... insert blank. When that happens (because it undoubtedly will), take some time to find peace within yourself to ensure you don't make a huge scene and allow people to degrade you even further. Staying "under the radar" is key because let's face the realistic truth. If you're good at your job, you will go thru hell and high water to move up or even diagonally to a better position due to your superior's fear that you can not be replaced. My advice is to live your life before work or at lunch time and pray that nobody notices because that place turns in to Orange Is the New Black after 6pm when you're imprisoned with eyes of judgement as if you were a fugitive on the run trying to escape the office. Another option is to do what I did, have some self respect and resign. Best Regards.

Oh yes! Here's a tip: Listen to other employee ideas, it could save this establishment. Also, stop sleeping around with these young and impressionable children! It is inexplicable when these incestuous office relationships form babies. It is the highest form of desperation to find meaning of your life. You're Welcome ;)

Meh.

Current Employee - Doesn't Matter Anyway in Houston, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Doesn't Matter Anyway in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Free soda. I can't even reach the 20 word minimum for Pros.

Cons

Say goodbye to your life, health, friends, and family.

That's a joke, right?