alliantgroup, LP

Updated 17 November 2014
Updated 17 November 2014
2.9

Dhaval R. Jadav

Pros
  • They also entice people with free food and being able to wear jeans (in 14 reviews)

• I have never worked for a company where hard work was so often recognized and rewarded (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Management could be a lot better, high-turnover, no work-life balance (in 14 reviews)

• tax season with so many people leaving and too much work to distribute (in 26 reviews)

More Highlights

Your brand is what people say about you when you are not in the room.

Current Employee - Director in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Free drinks, it's true! Been pounding them for 14.5 years. The building is shiny, and has a big staircase! If you play racquet sports with management, they turn a complete blind eye to gross incompetence and the inability to perform the most basic job functions - and even promote you. When they demote you for not trying to become best buds with management, they don't reduce the salary you earned from those racquet sports and pretending to love wine! Also, you don't need to be "eckspecially" literate to manage the support staff and they pay moderate settlements so your wife won't find out you were texting your admin at 4 a.m...if racquet sports. And when your computer gets stolen from the front seat of your car outside a bar, you don't get in trouble and they won't inform your clients about all of their sensitive information that was compromised! Thank you thank you thank you! =)

Cons

They don't guilt trip employees enough when they don't send company-wide thank you emails for being rewarded for dancing/beatboxing/winning a billing competition. Come on guys, they need to be crushed! Ya gotta build them up to break them down. Everyone can be manipulated!

Medical insurance doesn't cover scooter to get around office. Pool table is always broken. IRS won't stop calling me.

No Diet Mountain Dew.

Keep reading those management books! You never misinterpret the message or pull only the message you want from it. Top notch! Keep on sponsoring American innovation, let's go let's go let's go! Keep McCarthyism alive!!!

Keep telling us to bill clients more hours than actually exist in a week. YOLO!

challenging but rewarding!

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time

Pros

I've been at alliantgroup for several years and can say that there is no other place that you can sit down and talk to CEOs and Presidents of other companies on a daily basis. The job is super challenging, but really rewarding. High performance is encouraged.

Cons

This job is for people who want to challenge themselves and push their careers forward - if you are lazy and want to squeak by, this is not the place for you.

keep rewarding people - not sure you could get all these benefits for doing your job anywhere else.

Great place to start!

Former Employee - Project Associate in Houston, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Project Associate in Houston, TX (US)

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great money and great environment

Cons

The long hours and working weekends

Give more raises to those who deserve it. If one has to ask, management isn't doing their job.

Fulfilling job but not easy!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I've been at this company several years now and management has taken a lot of constructive feedback into account. I see how management styles have really improved and they are always adding to the amenities offered to everyone.
    For those of you considering a job here, here are a few highlights:
    -you can grow very fast in this company as long as you are passionate about what you do and are motivated to do better;
    -it's a really fun culture - we do 5k's together, yoga at the office, dinner parties, etc. it is like no other corporate environment you have ever been in;
    -you have exposure to not only different company CEO's but Congressmen, Senators, etc. - what a great opportunity for anyone who wants to widen their experience;
    -enjoy the ride and it can be a really rewarding one.

Cons

You just have to balance work/life out yourself and be proactive to moderate your priorities. No one forces anyone to do anything; you get however much that you put in. This is the case anywhere you go and it's no different here. warning: People get so passionate about what they do here that you can't help but be sucked in along with it.

You have matured a lot and the improvements all around have been noted. Thank you!

loving the opportunity

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than an year)

Pros

this place is the most refreshing work environment I have ever been involved with. Everything is on the table with no worries about where you stand, if you have a problem you are encouraged to elevate it up fast. I was told in my interview that people with desire do well here..and that has been incredibly prophetic. i'm advancing based on my performance and not if someone likes me...yep, completely different from the law firms I was apart of.

Cons

want more updates on all the cool stuff going on within the company

keep doing what you do...naysayers will always be around

Project Manager

I worked at alliantgroup, LP

Pros

Decent money for a recent college grad, culture, nice office, 20% more or less it's up to you.

Cons

Can be political, hours during tax season and turnover.

Fun-loving people who work hard

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Alliantgroup is really a unique environment that brings together people of very different backgrounds. I have learned a lot in the time that I've been here and I definitely appreciate the collaborative and friendly nature of the other employees here. It is also great to experience a non-traditional corporate environment where hard work but not stuffiness are encouraged.

Cons

The training period is pretty intense especially for those who trained outside of tax law. There is always help to get over the learning curve however, and everyone really wants you to succeed.

The ever-evolving development plan is great. Keep bringing in people with new, good ideas to make it even better.

great company, great opportunities, bright future....

Current Employee - Director in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I have been with the company close to ten years. I have watched it grow from a small company to a large firm. The skill level and talent of the employees has grown dramatically thanks to the leadership of management. The company has helped develop employees technical and leadership skills. The benefits package is one of the best. From all of the perks, like free meals throughout the year, to a lot of paid days off (which grows with each year of employment), to bonuses, bonuses, bonuses. If you want a chance to be rewarded for performing, this is the place to be. Bonuses aren't just for the holidays, they are throughout the year based on each individuals performance. The company's history to promote from within and elevate people based on performance has been great. if you perform, you are rewarded generously with recognition and compensation.

Cons

if you are looking for a j-o-b, this is not the place for you. because this company is driven through a high performance culture, you can't sit back and coast. Some people can't handle that.

LOVE IT HERE ! The negative reviews are absolutely untrue !

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Difficult ? yes. Challenging ? yes. Extremely rewarding ? yes. Everyone, 90% OF THE NEGATIVE REVIEWS ABOUT ALLIANTGROUP ARE BEING POSTED BY 4 COMPETITORS / EX-EMPLOYEES ! How do I know this ? Because I WAS ONE OF THEM!! I rejoined alliantgroup after a stint with a competitor and part of the program that the four of us engaged in was to go on glassdoor on a weekly basis and post untrue negative reviews. After having been at this competitor and working at another job (before coming back to alliantgroup), I have come to truly appreciate alliantgroup's meritocracy and reward system.

In addition, 60% of the company's employees are female, so the 'frat pack' comments are completely untrue - as I said, 90% of the reviews are completely fictitious and untrue and are made by people who don't know anything about alliantgroup.

Cons

Its ok to ease up from time to time :)

More open forum discussions with employees would be very beneficial. The recent discussions with female leadership are a great step in the right direction - please do more of these !

"7 years of Good Luck"

Current Employee - Associate Director in Irvine, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Associate Director in Irvine, CA (US)

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I am in my 7th year with alliantgroup and I am honored and thankful to be a part of such an elite team of individuals. I feel fortunate to work with people that are as passionate and energetic as I am about helping our clients keep jobs in the United States. I thrive in learning something new everyday, which keeps my job interesting, makes it challenging and exciting. I have always worked hard and from the moment I joined the company, I have felt invested in and it feels good to be on the receiving end. Your hard work never goes unnoticed either-I have earned trips, paid days off, received money/gifts/gift cards in the mail and been given blank checks to go treat myself to whatever I wanted for a job well done. All of this and I have tons of fun too!!

Cons

Our environment is not for people that are just looking for a job, you cant just go thru the motions here and collect a paycheck. You will need to contribute because we are high performers, full of energy, and we expect the same of everyone. We work hard, laugh hard and play even harder!!

Their doors are always open, their phones are always on and you can go to them for any reason. I appreciate that when we are working hard and the days are long, they put in just as many hours as we do to meet the deadlines. They join you in the trenches of season. The CEO, Sr. Managers and Directors take time out of their evenings to personally offer group or individual trainings, they push me to perfect my position and show you love and support when you haven't had such a great day.

alliantgroup, LP Photos