blinkx

blinkx Reviews

Updated Mar 31, 2014

blinkx CEO S. Brian Mukherjee

S. Brian Mukherjee

Pros:
  • "laid back atmosphere, good benefits, competitive salary"
    in 5 reviews
  • "Cool technology and hot industry"
    in 3 reviews
Cons:
  • "Senior management sees themselves as brilliant wiz-kids and all employees as vermin"
    in 7 reviews
  • "O) is leaving the company, now there is no one smart enough to run it"
    in 5 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Internship Review

Corp Dev Intern (Current Employee)
San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at blinkx as an intern for less than a year

ProsEveryone is extremely nice, and more than willing to walk me through their areas of expertise or give me a hand in an area i am unsure in. . The general attitude of all the employees is very positive and everyone seems very energetic. Management is very intelligent and seems committed to expanding the company. The company is also expanding rapidly.

They also provide free snacks/beverages and do a staff lunch every Thursday which is generous of them.

ConsOther than having to do the occasional intern duties (running basic errands, faxing, etc.), and some occasional connectivity problems with wifi nothing really comes to mind.

Advice to Senior ManagementFix the VGA cable in the conference room.

Dead end

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at blinkx full-time

ProsGood pay and ok benefits

ConsSome rotten managers and technology that is not exciting.

Not Great, but Not Bad

I have been working at blinkx

ProsThere was a flexible schedule and independence. Vacation wasn't too bad either and you do learn a lot.

ConsNot great people to work with, not very professional and the staff is very green and junior. Many have bad attitude and there's a lot of racial discrimination. Not a good environment to work in.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook into your Montreal office...Lot of shady business dealings there.

Corporate

San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at blinkx full-time for less than a year

ProsSmall office with a blend of start-up and tech corporate culture emerging. Think flexible with sustainable resources. Plenty of opportunity to have a career and have some fun. Lots of career oriented people at the Company.

ConsThere have been growing pains of acquisitions and also growing so quickly over the last two years. Those seem to be behind us and we are recruiting and retaining lots of talented people with ideas and the skill sets to grow blinkx to $1.0 B of revenue annually.

Advice to Senior ManagementSet up a one on one mentoring program. Hire more recent college graduates. Start an internship program.

A good learning experience

Content Editor (Former Employee)

I worked at blinkx part-time for more than 5 years

ProsFlexible schedule as I was part time on the weekends and I was able to learn quite a bit about data entry. Was able to work from home or wherever place so long as I had a computer to hook up to to work.

ConsTraining, I feel, should have been more than a day. It'd also have been great if terms were shuffled out in a more timely manner when it's found that there has not been content for quite some time.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt was great working with you all.

Positive People - Positive Growth - Positive Goals

I have been working at blinkx full-time for more than a year

Pros- Free Lunch on Thursday
 - Free Breakfast every day
 - Great Benefits
 - Encourage healthy diets/exercise
 - Collaborative Team Environment
 - Immediate Recognition from Management - hard work doesn't go unnoticed
 - Defined career path with opportunity for tremendous upward mobility
 - AWESOME technology - online video is the future
 - blinkx is setting up groundwork for substantial growth

Cons- Not as much of a market presence as there should be
 - Sometimes confusion between departments throughout the growing pains of acquisition, etc - but this is getting much better.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to use your team to your advantage and recognize the ones who are making this company unique.

Good overall but could use some improvement

Bellevue, WA (US)

I have been working at blinkx full-time for more than a year

ProsPretty good benefits, compensation is good (if you're a manager or higher or have been there a while), kitchen is always full of food, so it's like free breakfast and lunch, beer days, morale events here are fun and engaging, free parking, co-workers are cool, they really do promote from within, and lots of flexibility and autonomy.

Cons-Some upper management are better than others (some don't listen or ignore your suggestions altogether, but there are some that are open to new ideas), not proactive with increased compensation, there was a reorg recently that have embittered some people, no 401(k) matching, and while some people can telecommute, it's largely discouraged.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate with your employees more. Based on the opinions of the employees and myself, we feel that the company is not transparent enough and everything is always so secretive. Also, listen to your employees; they're the backbone of the company and have good intentions for the company.

Fun place to work in an evolving industry. Great people, excellent location!

I have been working at blinkx full-time for more than a year

ProsVery welcoming, friendly group. Company is expanding quickly so every day is very exciting. TONS of perks - kitchen snacks, random bagel deliveries, organic fruit every week, catered Thursday lunches, Giants games & happy hours. Adjacent to Embarcadero Bart/Muni station & close to lots of great restaurants & shopping. Great health benefits - this company cares about your health!

ConsSince the company is expanding and changing so quickly, information sometimes does not make it around to all the appropriate people, so that creates room for employee speculation & confusion.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more transparent. I know upper management is busy but try to make sure your employees understand what is changing. I don't know if monthly company meetings satisfy this need as not all branches are included in all information exchanges.

small issues but overall great environment

Account Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at blinkx full-time for more than 5 years

Pros-blinkx is growing
-Supportive upper management
-Competitive Salary
-Thursday lunches, lots of snacks/beverages for free

Cons-Growing pains comes with some confusion for employees on their roles. Makes sense though based on recent acquires (burst, etc)
-Not flexible on work schedules (typical m-f, 8:30 - 5:30 type job). Should allow to work from home or summer fridays like many other companies with similar environment

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue with Monthly meetings regarding company updates (we just started this, but hoping it does not go away). Bring back happy hour Fridays (let us drink in the office!). Be more flexible about working from home.

Energizing place to work!

Marketing Manager (Current Employee)
Melville, NY (US)

I have been working at blinkx full-time for more than a year

ProsWorking for the company for over 2 years and not a day goes by when I do not feel energized! Management team provides a great atmosphere, charges the employees moral by positively communicating with them. Overall this is a great company to work for!

ConsThis may not be your typical 9-5 job.

Advice to Senior ManagementI can not think of any off the top of my head. I enjoy my job!

Worked for blinkx? Contribute to the Community!

blinkx Videos

blinkx – Why Work for Us?

blinkx (LSE AIM: BLNX) is an Internet media company that connects consumers and brands through premium content online. Founded in 2004, blinkx pioneered Internet Video Search using its patented COncept Recognition… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at blinkx reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for blinkx CEO S. Brian Mukherjee. All 61 reviews are posted anonymously by blinkx employees.