blinkx

blinkx Reviews

Updated Mar 31, 2014

blinkx CEO S. Brian Mukherjee

S. Brian Mukherjee

Pros:
  • "laid back atmosphere, good benefits, competitive salary"
    in 5 reviews
  • "Cool technology and hot industry"
    in 3 reviews
Cons:
  • "Senior management sees themselves as brilliant wiz-kids and all employees as vermin"
    in 7 reviews
  • "O) is leaving the company, now there is no one smart enough to run it"
    in 5 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Best place I have ever worked

Tempe, AZ (US)

I have been working at blinkx full-time for more than 5 years

ProsSince my first day, my voice has had the same weight as everyone else, regardless of position. This company consistently hires the most talented people they can find which has enabled us to grow at a record pace over the past 2 years. Everyone in our office is always happy and loves being a part of the team and culture we've created together.

ConsNeed to develop more specific teams for each initiative so they can continue to get the attention they deserve without losing steam

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to hire the best in the industry

Exciting company to work for

I have been working at blinkx full-time for more than 5 years

ProsI've been with the company for a little over 4 years and have nothing but good things to say. The work is challenging, but rewarding and management makes sure that the entire team feels part of the company's success. The company has been increasingly taking strides to make sure that blinkx is not only a great company, but a great company to work for. I look forward to going to work every day which I know isn't the case for a lot of people at other jobs.

Also, free bagels and snacks are a big plus :).

ConsReally haven't been too many, if at all. This isn't a "9-5 job" (as is the case with most Internet jobs) so if that's your thing blinkx probably isn't the place for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to tap into the entire team for ideas on how to grow the company.

Energizing place to work!

Marketing Manager (Current Employee)
Melville, NY (US)

I have been working at blinkx full-time for more than a year

ProsWorking for the company for over 2 years and not a day goes by when I do not feel energized! Management team provides a great atmosphere, charges the employees moral by positively communicating with them. Overall this is a great company to work for!

ConsThis may not be your typical 9-5 job.

Advice to Senior ManagementI can not think of any off the top of my head. I enjoy my job!

Growing, learning, rewarding.

Senior Ad-ops Analyst (Current Employee)
San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at blinkx full-time for more than a year

ProsPlenty of room for growth within the company--they truly do promote from within. Very positive laid back work atmosphere with intelligent hard working peers and superiors. Responsibilities and goals are well communicated and I'm given autonomy to take care of those responsibilities how I see fit without micromanagement. Good benefits, competitive salary, growing company which is poised to continue to provide more opportunity in the future.

ConsNot quite as lax as some SF companies with regards to flex time or the ability to telecommute. The extremely quick rate of growth we have been experiencing can lead to confusion regarding the redefinition of roles moving forward, but that's not a bad problem to have.

Advice to Senior ManagementI'm very happy here, but the one area that leaves me wanting is that the hours are long and are not based on current work load but rather are just fixed. Flex time would be a significant morale boost as would sanctioned telecommuting as there seems to be no reason not to implement more telecommuting. The job can be done from anywhere and again would boost morale to provide employees with more freedom and would improve work/life balance.

Great place to work.

Tempe, AZ (US)

I have been working at blinkx full-time for more than 5 years

ProsBeing able to speak to anyone at anytime is great. If there is ever a problem everybody is available to solve the problem quickly. The office is like my extended family and most employes have been here for over 5 years. We have a fully stocked kitchen and great insurance.

Cons401k could be improved with Blinkx matching a certain percentage.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore comfortable chairs and a dishwasher would be great.

Innovative Company, Best Staff in the Business

Director of CPC & Display (Current Employee)
Phoenix, AZ (US)

I have been working at blinkx full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThere are very few companies where you never have to worry about bureaucracy. The new hire who is just learning the space has a voice at the same table as the CEO. There is never a dull moment and you are constantly challenged by your peers, your superiors, and internally. There is a reason why most of the employees have been here for years. At Blinkx we are more like a family and each of us take pride in adding to the success of this great company.

ConsThis job requires you to always be on top of your job. The internet never shuts down and neither do we.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore comfortable chairs.

Ok company to start your career with

I have been working at blinkx full-time for more than 3 years

ProsOk company to start your career with

Consthere is no training of any kind

Terrible place to work

Sales (Former Employee)
New York, NY (US)

I worked at blinkx full-time for more than a year

ProsSome of the people are good to work with.

ConsNo communication - upper management shares nothing.

Advice to Senior ManagementSee above.

Good co-workers, fast-moving and chaotic.

Software Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at blinkx full-time for more than a year

ProsSmart coworkers.
Opportunity to learn/grow
Free food on Fridays and nice office
When the share price was right-high value options

ConsWhen the share price is low options were NOT valuable!
Chaotic management style in engineering
lots of projects and changes to projects

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to let engineers work on their projects for longer so the product can be better
Keep letting people learn new technologies

good place to learn/grow

San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at blinkx full-time for more than 3 years

Proslaid back atmosphere, good benefits, competitive salary

ConsConfusion on what exactly the products are and how they work (if they work?). With recent acquirement of Burst, there is various new roles that need to be played for your position which is aggravating/confusing. It will take time for this to smooth out.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to be more flexible with employees work hours. Should be allowed to work from home as long as job is getting done and there should be summer hours on Fridays (like most companies of this type in SF).

Worked for blinkx? Contribute to the Community!

blinkx Videos

blinkx – Why Work for Us?

blinkx (LSE AIM: BLNX) is an Internet media company that connects consumers and brands through premium content online. Founded in 2004, blinkx pioneered Internet Video Search using its patented COncept Recognition… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at blinkx reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for blinkx CEO S. Brian Mukherjee. All 61 reviews are posted anonymously by blinkx employees.