comScore

comScore Reviews

Updated Apr 17, 2014

comScore President, CEO, and Director Magid M. Abraham

Magid M. Abraham

Pros:
  • "Great culture, fast paced, dynamic organization, entrepreneurial spirit, good work / life balance"
    in 8 reviews
  • "Very much a self-directed work environment, not alot of clock watching from management"
    in 9 reviews
Cons:
  • "While they talk about work-life balance, they don't actually practice it"
    in 10 reviews
  • "can have long hours depending on client and project"
    in 9 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Good Place to learn

Sales Manager (Current Employee)
Gurgaon, Haryana

I have been working at comScore full-time for less than a year

ProsEnterpreneurial setup, good work culture

ConsNot too many cons as of now, everything seems to be working well

Internet Tech Company on the Rise

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at comScore full-time for more than 3 years

ProsI worked out of the Canadian offices:
- Good office culture (employees got a long quite well)
- Plenty of snacks and drinks stocked in the kitchen
- Good potential for personal growth (if going into Sales is your preference)
- 3 weeks vacation starting (pretty on par with most tech companies)
- Work/ Life balance is there and we get laptops to work from home for any emergencies

Cons- The only way to grow within the Canadian offices if you are part of the client service team is to move into Sales. For those people that didn't want to go that route, their career path stagnated. Because the Canadian office is just a remote office of the US headquarters, it is really hard to carve out a long term career where you'd be able to work different areas of the business.

Advice to Senior Management- Open up more avenues of growth for individuals. The company is in a good position for future development and ensuring you attract top talent is key to sustained growth long-term.

good learning xperience for a more senior position

Technical Consultant Digital Analytix (Former Employee)
Amsterdam (Netherlands)

I worked at comScore full-time for more than a year

Prosfriendly office sphere, free softdrinks, coffee and snacks, highly skilled employees, benefits and perks are above average

Conssometimes procedures are unclear, the support and consulting departments are fighting between each other over responsibilities, within the support department you need to be friends with the managers and highly socially engaged outside the office to be able to proceed to a higher level

Advice to Senior Managementwatch out on friend politics

Decent First Job

Client Service Specialist (Former Employee)
Seattle, WA (US)

I worked at comScore full-time for less than a year

ProsThe satellite offices allow to you to work with much freedom and independence. The Pioneer Square office in Seattle, in particular, is in a great location. comScore is well-known in digital advertising and therefore makes for a decent first job.

ConsI joined comScore with one of their acquired companies. From the onset, it was very clear that employees of acquired other companies were not happy with the way integration was handled and I quickly gained the same opinion. With very few growth opportunities and poor access to management, many of my former team members left within the first year.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake the time to listen to your employees and respond to their concerns.

It's a decent first job out of school

I have been working at comScore

ProsFlexible schedule, youthful culture, interesting data

ConsLow pay, long hours, disorganized leadership, fudges data

Challenging and interesting

Research Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at comScore full-time for more than 5 years

ProsCreating new technology and products all the time
Work with a lot of very intelligent people
Laid back office atmosphere and culture

ConsLayoffs - across the board and targeted (4 rounds in 5.5 years working here).
Sales staff - often sell garbage and don't support their business post-sale, creating a lot of extra work for those who are expected to deliver.
Promotions - really only based on tenure, not so much on performance. There are some highly unqualified people working in senior level positions as a result.

Advice to Senior ManagementWeed out the poor performers and focus more on performance when considering promotions. Don't promise things to clients that you know can't be delivered.

Great to be part of a growing company

Senior Director (Former Employee)

I worked at comScore full-time for more than 5 years

ProsUpward mobility for smart, creative, hardworking people; solid senior management team; flexibility given to top performers; great industry

ConsLack of investment in people management skill development; very aggressive revenue goals create a lot of stress from top-down; very data-heavy

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate avenues for young analysts to get exposure and make an impact; collect feedback from the bottom of the organization to better understand the effectiveness of middle management; do more internal education -- everyone that works there should be an expert in digital

Sales Manager

Sales Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at comScore full-time for more than a year

ProsSmart, hardworking and loyal employees that are often working late nights to meet deadlines and objectives. Loved working with talented people and comScore is full of them.

ConsExecutive team needs to drive a vision throughout the organization that all may understand follow. When talent leaves, it is often a result or lack of upside. comScore needs to create a better path of success.

Advice to Senior ManagementVision and messaging comes from the top. This should be driven top down.

Constant change

Client Service Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at comScore full-time for more than 3 years

Prosgreat peers, smart people, family friendly; Ability to work remotely if needed.

ConsReally difficult to understand how products work together; constant re-org and not enough resources to get everything done. Benefits are really average for the industry.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo a better job understanding where you need resources and stop reorganizing every few months. The constant change makes it really hard to focus on clients.

Something needs changes

Data Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at comScore full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat/Tablent ppl to work wit, fast/dynamic pace; lots of learning opportunites

Consunstable management. Limited resource for long term development

Worked for comScore? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at comScore reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for comScore CEO Magid M. Abraham. All 113 reviews are posted anonymously by comScore employees.