comScore

comScore Reviews

Updated Jul 10, 2014

comScore Chief Executive Officer Serge Matta

Serge Matta

Pros
  • Work/ Life balance is there and we get laptops to work from home for any emergencies(in 9 reviews)

• Very smart people who work hard and are willing to help(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • While they talk about work-life balance, they don't actually practice it(in 10 reviews)

• can have long hours depending on client and project(in 9 reviews)

Client Servicing Manager

Client Service Manager (Current Employee)

ProsFreedom- Just get the work done and the company doesn't bother what else you are doing. Travel in Sales/Servicing roles is immense (If you like to travel), JAPAC management is really good.

ConsMonotonous work, Not much freedom to explore roles within the company (at least in APAC)

Advice to Senior ManagementIntroduce new products, motivate employees and try being more communicative

Good Place to learn

Sales Manager (Current Employee) Gurgaon, Haryana

ProsEnterpreneurial setup, good work culture

ConsNot too many cons as of now, everything seems to be working well

Data Analyst Intern

Prosfree snacks and drinks, friendly people, pretty good intern training and activities

Consnot that I can find

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Casual yet professional

ProscomScore is a great place to work. There is a real spirit of innovation and creativity. There are very few problems with office politics and the upper management is very accessible. Has the perks of both a small and large company. Decent time off and good benefits.

ConsHigh amounts of customization for clients means that there is some inconsistency in certain applications within the company and poor documentation on the more advanced product details. There is a pretty steep learning curve to attain more than average proficiency.

Advice to Senior ManagementHold the sales team accountable for their screwups!! Hold the developers accountable for more transparent and thorough documentation.

Great place to start

Software Engineer II (Current Employee) Reston, VA (US)

ProsWorking with smart people. Lot of things to learn..

ConsFew management people are narrow minded which doesnt allow to grow.

Advice to Senior ManagementUse people well with their capabilities.

Generally an okay company

Client Service Manager (Former Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsHelpful people, exciting culture, generally easy work, excellent benefits - this is a good stop on the way to bigger and better things. Sr. management decides the direction of the company and that's that - there is no questioning it, but it is an excellent place to learn the ropes. I would strongly recommend this company to recent graduates, but you need to have an exit strategy in mind.

ConsMassively political, dodgy practices, some pretty big egos which are unnecessarily inflated, limited growth opportunities

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in ethics, be less driven by chasing the next quarter.

Unappreciated

Campaign Manager (Current Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsDepends what on what position. In the my department, you are basically dumped on and don't get compensated properly.

ConsThe workload, the people/environment can be stifling

Advice to Senior ManagementRewards based on someone's performance

Great industry clout, but US focused and quarterly driven

ProsDeveloping some very interesting products and solutions for the digital industry. The company - and hence the employees - is viewed as an independent third-party to the media buyers and sellers. Flexible time off policy, but work from home is normal.

ConsSenior Management focus really on US products and not much of US products launched outside of the US. Some markets get more products than others. There is no roll out plan for the markets.

Advice to Senior Managementplease focus on international development. invest in people too.

Start your career here then quickly move on

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsNice office, always has food and snacks to eat. Great company to have on your resume, especially if you want to continue working for a digital analytics company.

ConsManagers do not know how to manage. I know this is a blanket statement but in certain departments managers are not supportive and talk down to their workers, causing them unnecessary stress and creating a hostile work environment. If you do accept their offer, do not expect any kind of bonus or a pay increase overtime. They are known for keeping employees pay the same even if they do receive a new title.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen placing someone in a management position, make sure they understand the proper way to manage people. This may sound very obvious but the high turnover in a particular department is a sign that the manager isn't doing a very good job. If someone does not have any management experience, you should put them in a management training course so they have a better understanding of how to properly handle workers. It truly is a shame to lose good workers because of one persons poor management skills.

Good people to work with

Manager (Former Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsGood team members
    Open source environment
    New technologies
    Great parties

ConsChicago is not HQ
    Not a lot of growth since quite some time
    Business model needs improvement

Worked for comScore? Contribute to the Community!