comScore

comScore Reviews

Updated Jul 27, 2014

comScore Chief Executive Officer Serge Matta

Serge Matta

Pros
  • Work/ Life balance is there and we get laptops to work from home for any emergencies(in 9 reviews)

• Very smart people who work hard and are willing to help(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • While they talk about work-life balance, they don't actually practice it(in 10 reviews)

• can have long hours depending on client and project(in 9 reviews)

Client Servicing Manager

Client Service Manager (Current Employee)

ProsFreedom- Just get the work done and the company doesn't bother what else you are doing. Travel in Sales/Servicing roles is immense (If you like to travel), JAPAC management is really good.

ConsMonotonous work, Not much freedom to explore roles within the company (at least in APAC)

Advice to Senior ManagementIntroduce new products, motivate employees and try being more communicative

Good Place to learn

Sales Manager (Current Employee) Gurgaon, Haryana

ProsEnterpreneurial setup, good work culture

ConsNot too many cons as of now, everything seems to be working well

Excellent place to work

Senior SQL Server Database Administrator (Current Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsDynamic and fast paced environment.
    Intelligent and forward looking people to work with who value continued progress and innovation.
    Fun and frequent team events and casual dress code.
    Free beverages and breakfast.

ConsGrowth opportunities are somewhat limited.
    Training budgets are tight.
    401K is not so great.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest more in people who work for you by providing continuous industry standard training in their field and provide more opportunities for career growth.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Data Analyst Intern

Prosfree snacks and drinks, friendly people, pretty good intern training and activities

Consnot that I can find

Casual yet professional

ProscomScore is a great place to work. There is a real spirit of innovation and creativity. There are very few problems with office politics and the upper management is very accessible. Has the perks of both a small and large company. Decent time off and good benefits.

ConsHigh amounts of customization for clients means that there is some inconsistency in certain applications within the company and poor documentation on the more advanced product details. There is a pretty steep learning curve to attain more than average proficiency.

Advice to Senior ManagementHold the sales team accountable for their screwups!! Hold the developers accountable for more transparent and thorough documentation.

Good launching pad - horrible management

Senior Client Service Analyst (Former Employee) Reston, VA (US)

ProsTalented, smart co-workers. Exposure to a wide variety of brands and clients. The industry is growing and the job is fast-paced. You are always learning something new and trying to get recruited by clients and other players in the digital space. comScore is very well known and respected.

ConsManagement does not do a good job of retaining talent.
    Performance is not compensated adequately or fairly across different departments.
    Some teams can be very "clique-ish" and do not recognize internal problems such as poor management skills and employee turnover.

Advice to Senior ManagementI very much agree with some of the below comments regarding management, especially this one: High turnover in a particular department is a sign that the manager isn't doing a very good job. It truly is a shame to lose good workers because of one persons poor management skills.

This could not be more true. Stop enabling terrible managers! They may do their day to day jobs well but if they are the reason you are losing the rest of your talent pool then they should not be managers.

Good product but poor management

Customer Support Technician (Former Employee) Lehi, UT (US)

ProsIt provides opportunity to work with others internationally. The colleagues are fun and the workplace is comfortable.
    Provide good compensation and benefits.

ConsLack the proper training and communication to grow and develop in the company. The product is extremely complex and you are placed in a position to be expected to learn and utilize it without any training courses. They are just beginning to build a decent knowledge-base to better this situation but it is still in the beginning stages.
    Management will promise to work with you so that there won't be any surprises on where you stand, but that is very far from the truth. It seems that the management is more focused on the drama within comScore than the customers they are supposed to support. Working hard goes unnoticed because most management is overseas. They report in on a phone call once a week to basically tell you what you are doing wrong. Always leaving you with a sense of discouragement and never knowing if you are going to have your position another week or not. For the Customer Support role, it does not seem to matter at all if you provide excellent customer service. The key is trying to read the minds of upper management.

Advice to Senior ManagementI wish they gave us this opportunity within the company to give advice. That would be a strong suggestion.
    Also, it can be difficult managing an office overseas, but management should also be responsible for learning how to better communicate with the team as that is part of the role. Unfortunately, the support team had to do this job. It would be very pleasing to encourage your team and staff at least every once in a while. Also, letting the team have the opportunity to give feedback and share ideas with others without feeling a sense of judgement and downgrading individuals who work very hard but may not have the aptitude or level of experience that other support technicians may have.

Generally an okay company

Client Service Manager (Former Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsHelpful people, exciting culture, generally easy work, excellent benefits - this is a good stop on the way to bigger and better things. Sr. management decides the direction of the company and that's that - there is no questioning it, but it is an excellent place to learn the ropes. I would strongly recommend this company to recent graduates, but you need to have an exit strategy in mind.

ConsMassively political, dodgy practices, some pretty big egos which are unnecessarily inflated, limited growth opportunities

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in ethics, be less driven by chasing the next quarter.

Great place to start

Software Engineer II (Current Employee) Reston, VA (US)

ProsWorking with smart people. Lot of things to learn..

ConsFew management people are narrow minded which doesnt allow to grow.

Advice to Senior ManagementUse people well with their capabilities.

Great industry clout, but US focused and quarterly driven

ProsDeveloping some very interesting products and solutions for the digital industry. The company - and hence the employees - is viewed as an independent third-party to the media buyers and sellers. Flexible time off policy, but work from home is normal.

ConsSenior Management focus really on US products and not much of US products launched outside of the US. Some markets get more products than others. There is no roll out plan for the markets.

Advice to Senior Managementplease focus on international development. invest in people too.

Worked for comScore? Contribute to the Community!