comScore Reviews

Updated 24 October 2014
3.2

comScore Chief Executive Officer Serge Matta
Serge Matta

Pros
  • Work/ Life balance is there and we get laptops to work from home for any emergencies (in 11 reviews)

• Most coworkers are very smart, a lot to learn from them; laid back work environment (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Lousy work-life balance, no training or support for promising rising stars (in 10 reviews)

• can have long hours depending on client and project (in 9 reviews)

More Highlights

Constant change

Former Employee - Client Service Manager
    Former Employee - Client Service Manager

I worked at comScore full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

great peers, smart people, family friendly; Ability to work remotely if needed.

Cons

Really difficult to understand how products work together; constant re-org and not enough resources to get everything done. Benefits are really average for the industry.

Do a better job understanding where you need resources and stop reorganizing every few months. The constant change makes it really hard to focus on clients.

Sales Manager

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Reston, VA (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Reston, VA (US)

I have been working at comScore full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Smart, hardworking and loyal employees that are often working late nights to meet deadlines and objectives. Loved working with talented people and comScore is full of them.

Cons

Executive team needs to drive a vision throughout the organization that all may understand follow. When talent leaves, it is often a result or lack of upside. comScore needs to create a better path of success.

Vision and messaging comes from the top. This should be driven top down.

Long hours and a never ending workload.

Current Employee - Manager in Reston, VA (US)
    Current Employee - Manager in Reston, VA (US)

I have been working at comScore full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Nice office and casual environment.

Cons

Feels like your job is on the line every other day.

Start encouraging work/life balance.

Something needs changes

Current Employee - Data Analyst in Reston, VA (US)
    Current Employee - Data Analyst in Reston, VA (US)

I have been working at comScore full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great/Tablent ppl to work wit, fast/dynamic pace; lots of learning opportunites

Cons

unstable management. Limited resource for long term development

great for college hires

I worked at comScore

Pros

free snacks
    no dress code jkhkjhkjh

Cons

long working hours
    learning curve for the first year

If you like living in fear of layoffs, this is the place for you

Current Employee - Ad-Ops in Chicago, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Ad-Ops in Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at comScore full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Snacks. Coffee. New decor. The immediate group of people I worked with were OK. Maybe not the most talkative bunch for me, but to each his own.

Cons

I've been sitting on this review I wrote eight months ago, but as I just heard that comScore did ANOTHER round of layoffs (almost exactly a year after I was laid off) I figured it was time to share:

The upper-management that runs their ad-ops area should be ashamed of themselves. The company spent a month and a half recruiting me, interviewing me both in person and over the phone. They made me an offer and I accepted. I gave my two weeks at my job and started at comScore the following Monday. At the end of my third week there I looked over to see the girl that I started with putting her things into a box. They had let her go. I was surprised, but what shocked me even more is I was then called into the manager's office where I was greeted by an HR person from the Reston, VA corporate office.

That's right, I was let go. Along with about 50 other people across the company. Corporations are well within their rights to employ people for as long or as short as they wish, but their reputation deserves the hit if they pull crap like this. To add to the hilarity, my severance package was worth more than the time I spent there.

A couple months later comScore reached out to me to see if I would come back as two people had resigned from the department within a week of each other. I asked for more money or a signing bonus. The recruiter had the audacity to say "if we were to do a bonus it would have to be paid back if you left within a year." I wasn't the one with the commitment issues in this relationship.

I later found the meeting minutes from the quarterly shareholders meeting where it was discussed that they would be reducing costs via layoffs. An extremely short-sighted solution to appease investors.

Thank God the company I was at before comScore called me up and asked me if I wanted to come back. I accepted that with a promotion and significant increase in pay.
    This company does not deserve your investment; whether it is as an employee investing in your career, or someone actually foolish enough to buy stock in this outfit.

Great treatment

I worked at comScore as an intern

Pros

Even as an intern, I was looked at as an equal and an asset.

Cons

The work got pretty tedious at times

Not so good place to work

I worked at comScore

Pros

Pleasant people and nice atmosphere.

Cons

There are limited career opportunities.

It's the worst place I've ever worked!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA (US)

I worked at comScore full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Free drinks & snacks- pretty much to keep you working longer hours

Cons

Worst place I've every had the displeasure of working! Starts with HR, there is minimal communication from them, no face time, no orientation time, not there to help you review any info as a new employee- pathetic. Then, there is minimal training which oftentimes the info can be incorrect then you're held accountable for poor communication from your manager! Long hours, I worked over 60hrs /week for 2mos straight without any kind of comp time & they don't pay time & a half you get 1/2 time for anything over 40hrs! What an insult to my hard work & commitment. Then laid off w/ minimal severance pkg, some people were there longer than me didn't get anything, just told to leave! So much prejudice, nepatism/favortism that it is clear they don't like anyone not like them! I hate this place & can't wait to leave, just give me my last paycheck & severance & I'm outta here!

Learn how to manage people, promote from within & stop lying to your staff about hours & some "comscore code" what a joke! You're kiling people, literally with these ridiculous hours & unreasonable expectations.

Survey Research Analyst

Former Employee - Survey Research Analyst in Chicago, IL (US)
    Former Employee - Survey Research Analyst in Chicago, IL (US)

I worked at comScore full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Working in Willis Tower,

Cons

Work/life balance, high TO rate, over promising clients