iCorps Technologies

Add Photos

Michael Hadley

Great Company, Good benefits, appreciate hard work

I have been working at iCorps Technologies full-time for less than a year

ProsiCorps offers great benefits, especially for a small company. One of many ways they show how much they value their employees.

ConsThere isn't any Work from Home option.

Run away - how does a 50% employee turnover rate sound to you?

Administrative Staff (Former Employee)
Boston, MA (US)

I worked at iCorps Technologies full-time for less than a year

Proswell. some people are nice, but after about 1 month of working there, they all turn cold and heartless.
if you get laid off you can collect.

Cons401K is deceiving. The company makes a deposit in your account 1x per year, and keeps the accrued interest.
Women: as you know most men in the IT industry are sexist and demeaning. this company is NO different....watch out!!!!
office environment of FEAR!!! see Jack Welch at GE! No one is safe
Constant lay offs - 50 people or less max at all times - in one year 10 people left/laid off/fired.
No future planning. New office space with limited sq to grow....but yet there's 'plans' to grow by XX%!!!
Utilization meetings are weekly to determine if you are being utilized over the 70% threshold. If not there's a good chance you may be laid off soon.
Consultants are asked to upsell the clients to other services. This should be a sales job.
Ask about turnover rate for admin staff - OTHER than executives - see admin assistants, HR reps, marketing, receptionist, sales reps - Accounting and operations steady.
Do an extensive search on LinkedIn to see how many people have been in and out of the company within a year.
Upper management has a bulldog type mentality.
some top executives go out to questionable establishments during work hours
No communication between executives and rest of staff. Top executives hold onto key information and its not told to employees

Don't get sick....there are No sick days. You WILL LOSE pay!
Don't come in 10-15 minutes late within a month, you will docked for 1/2 day Unplanned PTO.
Drinking in the name of team morale and social harmony....Events in the afternoon and evening revolve around drinking which will affect your work habits.
To Summarize:
Go on an interview and ask about: 401K, office environment, drinking, employee turnover (except for Accounting/Operations), uppper managment philosophy and Jack Welch leadership style, attendance, and ask what they think is lacking there....
I would NEVER recommend someone to work there.....EVER!!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementWhy are you so heartless?

Terrible Working Environment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at iCorps Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

ProsNone than I can think of.

ConsOne of the worst working environments I’ve ever encountered in my twenty years of employment. A very unfriendly, controlling atmosphere, any conversations with co-workers should always be work based, there is no socializing or free exchange of ideas.

Transformative place to work

Senior Technology Consultant (Former Employee)
New York, NY (US)

I worked at iCorps Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

ProsWorking with a diverse group of intelligent consultants constantly fuels you to bring it each and every day. iCorps has a wide ranging client base that allows you to interact with various industries. If you love technology and designing creative solutions, it's a great place to work. There are always opportunities for interesting consulting work and the fact that iCorps has multiple offices in the east coast is a guarantee that you will be always working on something interesting. Lastly and more importantly, management was always accessible and provided mentorship that was invaluable to shaping my career.

ConsAs is with the nature of consulting, be prepared to work hard and long hours to meet client expectations.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to give consultants more tools to succeed both with clients and personally.

Just the Facts

Senior Technology Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at iCorps Technologies full-time for more than 10 years

Pros- Employee for over 10 years.
- Great salary.
- Great benefits.
- Promoted 2 times.
- Work with a lot of different technology.
- Management does not "Micro Manage"
- Management gives you the freedom to be creative.
- Management gives you the tools you need to succeed. (Training, certifications)
- Great collegues.
- We have a lot of fun.

Cons- Travel but with planning is not an issue.

Advice to Senior ManagementI have enjoyed watching management use creative ways to keep up with changes in technology over the years while growing the business. Keep up the good wark.

Consulting without handholding and micromanagement

Senior Technology Consultant (Current Employee)
Philadelphia, PA (US)

I have been working at iCorps Technologies full-time for less than a year

Pros*Great hours and quality of life balance.
*Independence in decision-making, as long as you can back it up.
*Great people and a good support structure.

I read a lot of reviews about iCorps before I took the job, and I was a little skeptical. What I found was an atmosphere that is much more positive than the negative reviews would suggest: The company takes good care of its employees and the workload isn't overwhelming. What is different from a lot of companies is that the employees are expected to stay busy and productive, even if there is nothing specifically scheduled: Basically there aren't a lot of days sitting around drinking coffee and talking baseball. There are utilization metrics in place to curtail idle time, and that could be jarring to someone new to consulting, I guess.

ConsThe only real downside I can see so far is really a matter of perspective: If you go into this job expecting to have your hand held or expecting to sit and collect a paycheck, you'll be disappointed. Consultants that are hired, I have personally found, are expected to be self-motivated and expected to find ways to stay busy. This is not a place where talking baseball around the water cooler is a normal practice.

You can give this company a lump of coal

Senior Technology Consultant (Former Employee)

Prosnot very much except they are hiring and will provide a paycheck1

Constoo much to list--just read the reviews and you'll know more...

Advice to Senior Managementshape up

Finally found my dream company!

Marketing Associate (Current Employee)
Charlestown, MA (US)

I have been working at iCorps Technologies full-time for less than a year

ProsPeople, company culture, autonomy, variety in work assignments, ideas are respected, etc. It seriously took me a year and a half of bouncing from job to job trying to find not only a mix of people that I enjoy working with, but somewhere where I can really share my knowledge, ideas, and experience...and I finally found it at iCorps...true story!

ConsNone, but be prepared to work...because we work hard & play hard! :)

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing the great job that you're doing!

One of the worst jobs I had ever had the displeasure of working for.

Consultant (Former Employee)

I worked at iCorps Technologies

ProsGetting to see some fairly new technologies, management is not afraid to teach you new products.

Cons- No communication what so ever.
its like management is on vacation, permanently.
- other consultants are rude to their one colleagues.
- a lot of consultants were very territorial is clients and did not divulge any important information to help assist clients when consultants were busy at a site.
- Extremely high turn over, don't get too familiar with anybody because they might quit or get fired quicker than you've met them.
- a thankless job with no appreciation.

Advice to Senior Management- Change management style.
- review how the consultants interact with one another.
- streamline your process improvement and have the consultants document information about clients to avoid consultants from jump into a shark tank.

Very male-centric, strong organizational culture

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at iCorps Technologies

Prosexcellent growth prospects, recession-proof industry, friendly coworkers, good work ethic, charitable work, many long-term clients that senior management has a good relationship with

Consstrong top-down command-and-control culture, senior management can disparage and belittle consultants, little opportunity for career development, senior management has a very old school style of management better suited for the 1960s

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat consultants with respect, don't ask others to do for you what you would not be prepared to do for others, new business development needs a top to bottom commitment that includes a two year strategic plan with tactical goals that can be measured easily.

Worked for iCorps Technologies? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at iCorps Technologies reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for iCorps Technologies CEO Michael Hadley. All 10 reviews are posted anonymously by iCorps Technologies employees.