Glassdoor is your free inside look at more than 250,000 companies. Salary details, company reviews and interview questions - all posted anonymously by employees and job seekers.
Polycom 109 reviews– Chicago, IL
Polycom - 30+ days ago
Title: Lead Resident Technician
Req Number: 11183
* Provide dedicated onsite services in support of video conferencing operations for an Elite account of Polycom Global Services
* Available to work standard and non-standard work weeks
* Provide onsite repair, maintenance, and MACD services for a suite of Polycom Video and Infrastructure products
* Maintain resource schedule for local team to ensure coverage for daily operations, special events, and 24x7x4HR escalation response
* Provide end-user support desk services and training on conference room and desktop video systems
* Responsible for maintaining Incident Management system and related technical escalations with VNOC and Elite Service Desk
* Maintain and update Change Management database
* Author reports and documentation as needed. Provide primary point of contact for operations related to local Resident Technician team
* Work with Project Management, Elite Services, and VNOC teams on Project Planning for video implementation or upgrade projects
* Engage in longer term project planning and possible consultation services with assigned customer
* 5 + years of proven experience in technical services and customer management
* Leadership experience working with teams in a corporate environment
* Previous experience working with and installing conferencing / telephony hardware is required
* Solid working knowledge of Polycom's suite of video and network systems is desired
* Polycom CVE certification is desired
* Strong knowledge of data communications networks required- CCNA or similar certification is a plus
* Thorough knowledge of VoIP technolgies including H.323 and SIP protocols
* Must have very strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to relate in a highly professional manner with customers, management and peers under various working conditions.
* Must possess excellent writing skills and the ability to produce professional reports and documentation
To apply for this position please go to www.polycom.com
No Agency Resumes will be Accepted for this Position.
No relocation budget authorized.
Thank you very much for your interest in Polycom!
Polycom is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V