Glassdoor is your free inside look at more than 246,000 companies. Salary details, company reviews and interview questions - all posted anonymously by employees and job seekers.
Oshkosh 36 reviews– Defense Heights, Baltimore, MD
Oshkosh - 30+ days ago
At Oshkosh Defense, we stand behind those who dedicate their lives to protecting others. Every day we strive to meet or exceed our customers' ever-changing needs with next generation defense technologies and advanced systems. We operate with unparalleled commitment to those who depend on our products and services worldwide to perform their missions.
Oshkosh Defense is a segment of Oshkosh Corporation, which is a Fortune 350, multi-billion dollar company. At Oshkosh Corporation we are dedicated to designing and building the world's toughest specialty trucks, truck bodies, and access equipment by working shoulder-to-shoulder with the people who use them.
Plans, directs, and coordinates manufacturing processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Analytical mind, able to work with labor costing, output and efficiency data
• Interprets all aspects of engineering drawing, recognizing all aspects of engineering drawings
• Create the manufacturing labor cost of new parts through company cost standards including areas of weld, fabrication, machining, assembly and finishing
• Monitor and analyze actual production labor costs against quotes/estimates
• Use data to identify areas of greatest labor cost and potential for improvement
• Drive improvements in shop floor data collection and analysis
• Perform stop watch time studies
• Audit and establish time standards
• Lead, supervise and mentor individuals and teams in projects
• Collaborate with operations and other teams to improve labor costs
• Maintain labor data inputs for simulation program modeling
• Bachelors degree in Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering or related field
• Internship experience or 6-plus months related work experience
• Excellent organizational and communication skills
• Manufacturing knowledge in assembly, finishing, fabrication, machining, or welding
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Lean/Six Sigma understanding or certification is ideal
• Experience with ProPlanner or related line balancing software packages
• Experience with automotive or heavy-duty equipment
• Well-developed IT skills in MS Office
Oshkosh Corporation is an Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to providing equal opportunities for all employees and applicants. Information collected regarding categories as provided by law will in no way affect the decision regarding an employment application.
Oshkosh Corporation is also a federal contractor which takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, persons with disabilities, disabled veterans, and veterans of the Vietnam era. Any employee or applicant for employment who is qualified under the applicable regulations will be covered under our affirmative action program by providing this information to the Company. Submission of this information is voluntary, will be kept confidential, and is not a requirement for employment.
Certain positions with Oshkosh Corporation require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations or the Export Administration Regulations. Applicants for these positions may need to be "U.S. Persons," as defined in these regulations. Generally, a "U.S. Person" is a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, or an individual who has been admitted as a refugee or granted asylum.