Glassdoor is your free inside look at more than 246,000 companies. Salary details, company reviews and interview questions - all posted anonymously by employees and job seekers.
LCG Systems 7 reviews– Rockville, MD
LCG Systems - 30+ days ago
Are you a talented IT professional looking to be part of a top notch team?
At LCG we offer a culture of opportunity, recognition, and collaboration�all the components that make a great place to work. We pride ourselves on providing cost-effective solutions and outstanding client services; a testament to the talented and dedicated people we hire.
From our in-house training program options to our versatile 401K plan, LCG offers a robust benefits package that both accommodates our employees needs for stability and security, and the flexibility to challenge themselves and focus on advancing their professional development.
Large company benefits. Small company feel.
Take the next step and submit your application for review�We look forward to helping you and our clients to achieve goals!
This position is for a Program Manager. Under indirect supervision, the Program Manager oversees the operational planning, establishment, execution, and evaluation of a multifaceted program/project typically consisting of a set of closely related projects or associated activities. The Program Manager oversees fiscal, operational, administrative, and human resources management of a department; seeks and develops new business opportunities; serves as principal point of representation and liaison with external clients on operational matters, and provides day-to-day technical/professional guidance and leadership as appropriate to the area of expertise. Ensures outcomes that conform to employer's mission, values and strategies. Networks with business partners, vendors, and independent consultants to remain current with industry and technology developments.
- Track projects against schedule, budget and objectives reporting status on a regular basis to the PMO
- Provide outstanding customer relationships and employee relationship management
- Assist the PMO in working with the Government Contracting Officer (CO), the contract level Contracting Officer's Representative (COR), the task order level COR(s), government management personnel and customer agency representatives
- Grow revenue on existing projects
- Identify and capture new opportunities
- Ensure that the technical solutions and schedules in the task order are implemented in a timely manner
- Maintain project plans in MS Project or other project management tool
- Lead and mentor the activities and development of project leads (i.e. succession planning)
- Confirm and disseminate all applicable professional, technological, regulatory standards and guidelines applicable to the contract
- Provide constructive feedback regarding employee performance and creates development/training plan to overcome deficiencies
- Recommend and lead efforts to improve existing processes and develop new processes
- Report progress and forecast final targets
- Report obstacles, delays, and claims
- Enforce work standards, policies, procedures and best practices
- Document technical requirements, develop and oversee project plans and implement change control procedures
- Business Development
- Grow existing business, identify and develop new opportunities
- Provide proposal support as required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrates expertise in a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Intimate knowledge of project management tools and procedures
- Ability to understand, track, drill-down, and question activities and issues in all functional areas and make sound business decisions based upon that data
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through skills
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- 15 or more years of experience includes: project development from inception to deployment
- Expertise in the successful management and control of funds with increasing levels of P & L responsibility and resources using complex reporting mechanisms
- Demonstrated outstanding leadership and mentoring skills in talent management and workforce planning
- Experience with NIH other Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) agencies, or VA a big plus
- PMP required
- Requires a bachelor's degree in business, computer science, information systems, engineering, business or other related disciplines
- MBA or Master�s degree in related discipline preferred