What does an Architecte do?
Architects plan, develop, and implement designs for buildings or structures. They compile feasibility reports, determine environmental impact, and create project proposals that include timelines and an estimated cost for projects. Architects meet with clients to assess their needs and requirements and present design projects from concept to development to completion. They develop and pitch project proposals and adjust designs and plans according to client needs and requests. They prepare drawings, blueprints, specifications, and construction documents, and conduct research, compiling reports on feasibility studies and environmental impacts.
Architects comply with safety standards and local planning regulations and determine and adhere to budget timelines. Architects manage project teams and collaborate with other construction professionals. Architects are also responsible for public safety while they oversee the project when a building is completed, architects remain involved as they evolve to help incorporate new surroundings and ideas. Architects need a degree in architecture or related fields, and previous experience as an architect is often preferred.
- Supervise the design and technical development of the project.
- Manage subordinate or other discipline resources to quality, schedule and budget requirements.
- Contribute to the development of standards, policies, and procedures.
- Recommend the appropriate technology approach, team structures, skill sets.
- Guide configuration, debugging, and support for infrastructure and identity services.
- Plan ahead for upgrades, seasonal releases, salesforce roadmap features, and long term projects.
- Work with the technical team in preparing construction phase design directives.
- Deliver architectural initiatives that drive and improve efficiency in line with business strategy.
- Guide and manage the delivery of strategic professional services engagements.
- Manage customer expectations and negotiate solutions to complex problems with both the customer and third-party partners.
- Complete assigned software projects on time and within budget.
- Develop relationships throughout the customers organization to source new business.
- Integration and cohesion of developed or reviewed architecture solutions across all architectural layers.
- Collaborate with product/program and project teams to understand needs.
- Create/update architecture, network diagrams and any other relevant documentation.
- Conduct peer reviews to solicit feedback on materials created.
- Bachelor's or Graduate's Degree in engineering or science.
- Fluent in a variety of design programs and software.
- A natural leader and collaborator.
- Able to design frameworks and solve problems that may arise.
- Demonstrated sound business acumen.
- Fluency in business process analysis, computing, and scripting.
Average Base Pay
Architecte Career Path
Learn how to become an Architecte, what skills and education you need to succeed, and what level of pay to expect at each step on your career path.
Years of Experience Distribution
“+ Flexible work hours which was greatly advantageous for me when I was a working student.”
“Bill Poss and the partners are the best and most kind people to work for.”
“Management really cares about achieving the best possible architecture and spatial quality for each project.”
“Good for building experience working with government projects with a good balance of private projects.”
“Working in the same place with someone who is not involved in teamwork in any way is the worst thing.”
“Pay was low at first but I felt more than fairly compensated after my first promotion.”
“Opportunities to get involved in the most interesting projects depend on the supervisor quite much.”
“The business places a strong emphasis on employee training that leads to personal career progress.”
Frequently asked questions about the role and responsibilities of architects
Architects design building plans for homes and businesses. A typical day for an architect may include creating digital and physical models of designs to convey ideas to employers and clients. Architects also supervise renovations and expansions. They update buildings to comply with new municipal codes.
Becoming an architect is a good career step for people who like to see their designs come to life. It's an ideal job for creative individuals who know how to communicate with clients. One of the advantages of being an architect is the chance to experiment with different materials to achieve the right result.
Prospective candidates can look forward to an average salary for architects of ₹20,00,000 per year. This figure increases when professionals obtain their master's degree or become fully licensed. Another salary determinant is the size of the firm. As is the case in most professions, experienced architects earn higher salaries.
Compared to the long hours of being an architecture major, working as an architect isn't an unpleasant job. However, you may get stressed as major deadlines approach. Another major challenge of being an architect is when clients change their minds at the last minute. Still, seeing the final execution of your designs can make it all worth it.