What does a Business Relationship Manager do?
Business relationship managers establish and maintain connections to and between internal units or external clients with the goal of encouraging an efficient, positive workflow. They often serve as a liaison who synchronizes the work of multiple teams, staff members, or external contacts. They identify potential areas of conflict and create proactive solutions, while also resolving existing challenges. Their role also includes evaluating current processes to pinpoint opportunities for improved revenue or increased productivity.
Business relationship managers typically have at least a bachelor’s degree, often in a business or technology field. These roles require strong project management skills and the ability to understand the comprehensive business operation and its critical processes. These managers must be adept at problem solving and conflict resolution and must be comfortable working with internal and external stakeholders.
- Conduct discovery meetings, prepare presentations, follow up on client contacts and implement solutions.
- Optimize strategic partner and affiliate conversion funnels, collaborate experiments and tests.
- Lead activities and facilitates relationships with business leaders and teams independently.
- Effectively assemble and lead advisory team of partners in addressing client needs.
- Follow a disciplined relationship development process by identifying steps/strategies necessary to effectively maintain and build relationships with clients and prospects.
- Manage client communications calendar, including newsletters, customer satisfaction surveys, client engagement webinars and plan updates.
- Provide routine rounding with business, ensuring ongoing communication with business partners, understands business functions and assists with business priority definition.
- Demonstrate knowledge of how the core business areas' applications and support systems are structured, how various components and parts interact, as well as what protocols and interfaces are used for communications and cooperation between components.
- Implement defined sales processes with prospective and existing clients.
- Bachelor's Degree in business or computer science.
- Strong command of English language and good communication skills.
- Superior problem solving and critical thinking abilities.
- Business process analysis and business continuity management expertise.
- Demonstrated careful attention to detail and leadership skills.
- Comfortable onboarding and interfacing with clients.
Business Relationship Manager Salaries near India
Average Base Pay
Business Relationship Manager Career Path
Learn how to become a Business Relationship Manager, what skills and education you need to succeed, and what level of pay to expect at each step on your career path.
Years of Experience Distribution
Business Relationship Manager Insights
“This team was probably one of the most unprofessional teams I have ever been on in my career.”
“Good Career Growth and Development”
“You get to work with great thought leaders and learn from the best in the events industry.”
“Zero and I mean zero loyalty almost a what have you done for me lately mentality.”
“Not good training classes everything is rushed and overworked”
“Its great to be working with such an exciting brand with such amazing products.”
“Uncapped bonus potential is phenomenal.”
“You can go on cruise control but it won't save you from unexpected layoffs.”
Business Relationship Manager Interviews
Frequently asked questions about the role and responsibilities of a Business Relationship Manager
- Customer Relationship Manager
- Client Relationship Manager
- Sales Manager
- Sales Representative