What does a Data Entry do?
Data entry clerks are responsible for inputting a high volume of data from multiple sources into a database, ensuring that all necessary data is being entered and maintained. In addition, data entry clerks must verify and edit data as needed. Aside from the primary duty of data entry, many data entry clerks also perform other general office tasks like scanning documents and answering phones.
Data entry clerks must have a high school diploma or general education degree (GED). Much of the training for data entry clerks happens on-the-job. Beyond that, they must be computer savvy, have an eye for detail, and possess quick typing skills.
- Receive and process invoices for payment and update invoice details accordingly
- Accurately enter data into corresponding fields within various software programs
- Identify and correct data entry errors using appropriate quality control methods
- Perform related tasks like ordering office supplies and filing documents
- Manage and organize records and files
- Prepare relevant reports as needed
- Provide general data entry support across many teams on an ad-hoc basis
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- 2 years of data entry experience or related office experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to enter data into a computer quickly and accurately
- Comfortable with office equipment including a computer, telelphone, scanner, calculator, and photocopier
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to think analytically
Data Entry Salaries near India
Average Base Pay
Data Entry Career Path
Learn how to become a Data Entry, what skills and education you need to succeed, and what level of pay to expect at each step on your career path.
Years of Experience Distribution
Data Entry Insights
“Good and friendly environment for work.it is near to my home and one of the best place to work”
“And I'm gonna as a part time worker which is good number in salary.”
“And I'm gonna apply as a part time worker which is good number in salary.”
“I have made mistakes while learning and working here but everyone was understanding and helpful.”
“My experience with them was fantastic and I'm hoping to have the opportunity to work with them again.”
“worth in money order returns and refunds to fix this issue and then I said good bye.”
“Pandemic destroyed income opportunities and I was forced to suspend operations while migrating to Canada..”
“No stress at work and no much pressure by the superiors if you do your job perfectly.”
Data Entry Interviews
Frequently asked questions about the role and responsibilities of a Data Entry
When working as a Data Entry, the most common skills you will need to perform your job and for career success are Typing, Excellent Communication, Microsoft Office Suite, Word Processing and Attention To Detail.
- Administrator On Duty
- Office Administrator
- Administrative Assistant
- Office Manager
The most common qualifications to become a Data Entry is a minimum of a Bachelor's Degree and an average of 0 - 1 of experience not including years spent in education and/or training.