What does an Enterprise Account Manager do?
Enterprise account managers are sales managers and account executives who manage key accounts that generate significant revenue. They are responsible for establishing, nurturing, and expanding these valuable relationships. They research and pursue new business opportunities and create connections with influencers, executives, and decision-makers. They also explore ways to expand existing accounts. These managers provide excellent service and support to ensure client satisfaction that leads to long-term accounts. They often serve as a liaison between the client and other internal departments to expedite any assistance that may be needed.
Enterprise account managers typically have a bachelor’s degree in a business field, and a strong background in sales roles. These roles require good negotiating skills and the ability to research new business growth opportunities. Excellent people skills and project management abilities are a must.
- Manage quota for bookings and revenue for assigned major accounts.
- Escalate member issues, when appropriate, and clearly communicate steps taken, future steps and member needs in ticket to ensure a smooth transition between internal teams.
- Identify opportunities to develop new training materials designed to ensure successful customer onboarding and support business-wide adoption.
- Act as a true account manager overseeing almost all aspects of the client's business.
- Maintain up-to-date and accurate ticket status and documentation. for projects and escalated tickets.
- Partner with internal resources in order to drive additional value and expertise.
- Areas of focus include B2B (virtual and card-based) payments, expense management, travel solutions, data solutions, compliance, and reporting.
- Build effective relationships and develop influence with internal stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain accurate sales and/or revenue forecasts and management of quota funnels.
- Advise partner sales leaders on new and growing partners to deliver qualified partners to support customer needs.
- Bachelor's Degree in business or computer science.
- Strong command of English language and good negotiation skills.
- Experience managing complete pipeline process.
- Comfortable working in cloud-based environment.
Enterprise Account Manager Salaries
Average Base Pay
Enterprise Account Manager Career Path
Learn how to become an Enterprise Account Manager, what skills and education you need to succeed, and what level of pay to expect at each step on your career path.
Average Years of Experience
Enterprise Account Manager Insights
“I don't see any cons so far and many of my colleagues have been her a very long time.”
“Performance is based on a million useless metrics that kill any creative or original thought.”
“Opportunities for career growth varies a lot depending on which business unit you work in.”
“What we offer is essential to our clients and we bring tremendous value to them as a SaaS platform.”
“Great opportunity to build and grow your career.”
“Really customers obsessed and great innovation.”
“What I love most about the company is the help and support that an Atlanian gets to help him/her do the best work possible.”
“People I worked with are the best!”
Enterprise Account Manager Interviews
Frequently asked questions about the role and responsibilities of an Enterprise Account Manager
- Regional Account Manager
- Account Manager
- National Account Manager
- Strategic Account Manager
The most common qualifications to become an Enterprise Account Manager is a minimum of a Bachelor's Degree and an average of 0 - 1 of experience not including years spent in education and/or training.