What does a Freelance Production Coordinator do?
A production coordinator is responsible for ensuring quality assurance and the production team meets scheduled goals. This entails a range of oversight of work including planning, scheduling, directing and executing production activities for maximum performance of projects. Other duties include the development of cost-effective measures with the aim of achieving exceptional business practices. Typical job progression of this role involves adopting a managerial position or directorship.
Production coordinators typically require a bachelor's degree in business management or a related field as the minimum form of educational qualifications. In some instances, companies may accept certifications that act in place of a bachelor's degree. Employers often request prior experience working as a production coordinator or a related role in the industry and successful candidates often possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a strong familiarity with technical software.
- Ensure quality assurance throughout the production process
- Manage the production team so that scheduled goals are met
- Plan, schedule, direct and execute production activities
- Increase motivation and work efficiency by implementing reward systems
- Develop cost-effective measurements to achieve exceptional business practices
- Adapt to changes in the market and respond to customer demands
- Maintain current knowledge on the market and industry trends
- Conduct research to further understand competitors
- Certifications may act in place of a bachelor's degree where applicable
- Prior experience working as a production coordinator in the industry preferred
- Strong understanding of industry market and conditions
- Working knowledge of technical software that is specific to the industry
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Sharp business acumen and financial projection
- High regard for quality assurance
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
Freelance Production Coordinator Salaries
There are no current reports for Freelance Production Coordinator salaries. You can add additional job titles in your job preferences to see related salary information.
Freelance Production Coordinator Career Path
Learn how to become a Freelance Production Coordinator, what skills and education you need to succeed, and what level of pay to expect at each step on your career path.
Average Years of Experience
Freelance Production Coordinator Insights
“CUBE has an excellent bonus scheme based on personal performance that encourages you to reach your fullest potential.”
“You love the people you work with but the work doesn't love you back.”
“Management cares about the workflow of each department enough to implement change based on employee feedback.”
“Coworkers that are really friendly and great to work with.”
“Everyone on my team was extremely kind and great to work with.”
“They do really value your work and also give you plenty of opportunities to grow.”
“Only downside would be that most career growth is fostered out of the HQ in NY”
“There are great people and projects”
Freelance Production Coordinator Interviews
Frequently asked questions about the role and responsibilities of a Freelance Production Coordinator
- Operations Manager
- Production Manager
- Plant Manager