What does a Head Customer Service Manager do?
Customer service managers ensure customers are satisfied at all times before, during, and after a visit or transaction. They supervise and manage a customer service team and train staff members to provide high-quality customer service while ensuring that company policies are followed. They also handle inquiries due to customer disputes and issues.
Customer service managers interact with customers daily by taking their questions and responding to them, and guiding them to the appropriate departments, individuals, or services. They are responsible for onboarding new employees and training them according to their expertise and skills, and they create and implement effective customer loyalty programs. Customer service managers need a bachelor's degree in business administration or related fields alongside experience in customer service and as a supervisor.
- Ensure the 24/7 execution of all customer service programs and processes.
- Maintain a neat and organized front end work area.
- Maintain an efficient and productive front end operation.
- Establish and implement key strategies for the customer service center.
- Understand and follow all company standard practice and policies.
- Attend safety meetings, team meetings, etc., and other forums.
- Serve as a liaison to other areas of the business.
- Act as the liaison between management and your team.
- Lead a team of front-line customer service agents responsible for client handling.
- Observe and correct all unsafe conditions that could cause associate or customer accidents.
- Assist with ensuring all compliance to all customer contracts.
- Achieve business goals while fostering an environment that produces high levels of customer satisfaction and associate morale.
- Create distribute weekly schedules.
- Register and cash balancing, change orders, authorizing voided transactions, supplies, over/short research.
- Provide peer coaching for team following best practices.
- Manage quality assurance program through CMS, DMS, and order entry metrics.
- Motivate the team by identifying creative games and prizes as well as providing positive feedback.
- Provide coaching, feedback and annual performance reviews as well as formal corrective action.
- Monitor shrink and ensure that inventory and moneys are accounted for. provide coaching for associates to recognize and prevent losses.
- Associate's or Bachelor's Degree in computer science or information technology or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated experience in a leadership role guiding others.
- A critical thinker and problem solver with sound work ethic and time management skills.
- Prior experience in a consulting position.
- Lead with a positive attitude and professionalism.
Head Customer Service Manager Salaries
There are no current reports for Head Customer Service Manager salaries. You can add additional job titles in your job preferences to see related salary information.
Head Customer Service Manager Career Path
Learn how to become a Head Customer Service Manager, what skills and education you need to succeed, and what level of pay to expect at each step on your career path.
Average Years of Experience
Head Customer Service Manager Insights
“Can't say you didn't know something because their 5 week training and mentor shadowing is amazing.”
“Truly believe that this product is the way of the future and we're working towards something great.”
“Can be superficial and you have to be liked to progress in your career path.”
“Great benefits I'm sure there are others but it depends on the department and supervisors you work for.”
“If everyone is one the same page and communication is well then you will thrive here.”
“Because it’s grocery good employees are worked to death and lazy employees stuck around and do nothing.”
“Competitive wages (I started out in the Guide role and the hourly wage was the best I'd seen in the area)”
“If you love the people you are working with it is quite an enjoyable role.”
Head Customer Service Manager Interviews
Frequently asked questions about the role and responsibilities of a Head Customer Service Manager
- Customer Care Manager
- Customer Success Manager
- Customer Care Representative
- Customer Service Representative