What does an IT Auditor II do?
As an IT Auditor you will assist the organization by protecting its internal controls and data within its technology system. You will safeguard information by identifying weaknesses and create strategies to prevent security breaches. You will examine the organizations IT system to ensure sufficient controls are kept, security of data stored or transported. You will classify technology issues and provide additional recommendations to management with solutions to fix internal controls.
An ideal candidate will have a bachelor's degree in information technology or accounting and hold a minimum of a CISA certification. You must have a minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar role and be adept troubleshooting systems. You will be proficient with MAC and OS and be familiar with a range of software and hardware. You must be willing to travel to various sites to conduct audits.
- Identify weaknesses in the system and create action plan to prevent security breaches
- Plan internal audit procedures
- Create internal audit reports
- Collaborate and create a solid IT infrastructure
- Devise and implement network security policies and procedures
- Travel to client sites
- Conduct training on security features
- Troubleshoot security network problems
- CISA Certification, required
- CISSP, CISM, MCSE, preferred
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role
- Prior training experience is a plus
- Experience troubleshooting systems
- Proficient with MAC and OS
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Familiar with a range of software and hardware
- Willingness to travel
IT Auditor II Salaries
Average Base Pay
IT Auditor II Career Path
Learn how to become an IT Auditor II, what skills and education you need to succeed, and what level of pay to expect at each step on your career path.
Years of Experience Distribution
IT Auditor II Insights
“Helpful with guiding you in your career and proviso my training and resources to do your job.”
“Get to work with really nice and knowledgeable stakeholders”
“Good and friendly environment to work”
“I think it is a great place to begin your career as you are trained to become a well seasoned professional.”
“EY got me where I am today and I learned so many skills that set me apart.”
“There was a level of earned mutual respect and I truly enjoyed working with them.”
“There are truly amazing people working there and I was a happy to be amongst them.”
“All good but salaries are not managable”
IT Auditor II Interviews
Frequently asked questions about the role and responsibilities of an IT Auditor II
When working as an IT Auditor II, the most common skills you will need to perform your job and for career success are MS SQL Server, MS Office Applications, CISSP CISM, Audit and EXCEL Access.
- Internal Auditor
- Audit Staff Member
- Business Process Consultant
The most common qualifications to become an IT Auditor II is a minimum of a Bachelor's Degree and an average of 0 - 1 of experience not including years spent in education and/or training.