What does a Logistics Coordinator do?
A logistics coordinator is responsible for managing all aspects of shipping routes and delivery, specifically with regard to customer satisfaction. As a logistic coordinator, customer satisfaction is a priority as this is how business remains successful. Additionally, a logistic coordinator is well-versed in supply management principles and practices. Responding immediately to customer questions and complaints and notifying them of any delays in the delivery schedule is essential to this position. Logistics coordinators usually work in a variety of industries within the logistics department.
A Bachelor's degree is preferred for logistics coordinators positions, however, a high school diploma with 5+ years' experience in customer service or logistics management a must. Successful logistics coordinators possess excellent communication and problem solving skills and are able to work with little supervision.
- Manage orders and arrange stocking of materials and equipment to ensure they meet needs
- Plan and track shipment of final products according to customer requirements
- Communicate with suppliers, retailers and customers to achieve profitable deals and mutual satisfaction
- Maintain logs and records of warehouse stock and executed orders
- Recruit and coordinate logistics staff (e.g. truck driver's) according to availabilities and requirements
- Prepare accurate reports for upper management
- Arrange same-day deliveries whenever possible
- Prepare accurate invoices
- Bachelor's degree in Logistics or Business Analytics (preferred)
- 5+ years' experience in customer service or logistics management
- Ability to work with little supervision and track multiple processes
- Knowledge of laws, regulations and ISO requirements
- Computer-savvy with a working knowledge of logistics software (ERP)
- Previous customer service experience
- Outstanding organizational and coordination abilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Keen on working in a fast-paced environment
Logistics Coordinator Salaries near India
Average Base Pay
Logistics Coordinator Career Path
Learn how to become a Logistics Coordinator, what skills and education you need to succeed, and what level of pay to expect at each step on your career path.
Years of Experience Distribution
Logistics Coordinator Insights
“Acceptable pay Good hands on experience Great way of seeing the underside of the music industry”
“Nice but exhauting lunch was nice and my boss was a nice guy good for my career”
“You can't find the career path and the value of working for this company.”
“I have only been here a few months but the time I have been here I absolutely love it😊 Everyone is so nice and welcoming.”
“It feels as if there's less room for personal development and advancement in my current role.”
“At the end of the event I approached Amira and inquired about freelancing opportunities and provided my contact information.”
“I was not good enough for pay raise or for any other job I have applied for!”
“Good entry level job for a recent graduate with good pay right out of college.”
Logistics Coordinator Interviews
Frequently asked questions about the role and responsibilities of a Logistics Coordinator
When working as a Logistics Coordinator, the most common skills you will need to perform your job and for career success are Inventorying, Responses, Microsoft Office Suite, Excellent Customer Service and Outlook.
- Logistics Manager
- Transportation Manager
- Distribution Manager
- Logistics Associate
The most common qualifications to become a Logistics Coordinator is a minimum of a Bachelor's Degree and an average of 0 - 1 of experience not including years spent in education and/or training.