What does a Maintenance Engineer V do?
Maintenance engineers are certified to install, troubleshoot, and repair specific equipment types by utilizing industrial technology; they diagnose equipment failures and use specialized training to restore broken or malfunctioning equipment to operational status. Maintenance engineers sometimes act as fitters, maintenance technicians, and maintenance schedulers. Their responsibility level and expertise often depend upon their workplace. Maintenance engineers optimize asset reliability by implementing advanced proactive strategies and performing electoral and efficient mechanical repairs on equipment to decrease work or downtime gaps.
Maintenance engineers install and maintain the equipment used in aviation, and the medical and manufacturing industries and perform routine maintenance, troubleshoot issues, and perform on-site repairs. They travel to client locations to inspect and remove outdated equipment and oversee the installation of new machines or equipment. They provide technical support and training for new equipment and respond to customer calls. Maintenance engineers need a bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering or electrical engineering and knowledge of EPA and OSHA guidelines.
- Perform and maintain work to local, state and Federal codes.
- Identify, locate, and operate all shut-off valves for equipment.
- Perform journeyman-level maintenance and repairs.
- Assist maintenance technicians when needed.
- Practice safe work habits, wear protective safety equipment and follow MSDS and OSHA standards.
- Support testing of main propulsion and power generation equipment.
- Ensure proper procedures are followed when using maintenance equipment.
- Check design deliverables in accordance with industry codes and standards, contract requirements, and company standards.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- Perform equipment preventive maintenance.
- Purchase supplies, equipment and materials necessary to complete projects.
- Analyze production data and take appropriate action for continuous improvement.
- Ensure staff compliance with all safety/loss prevention standards and regulations.
- Complete work order request forms on a daily and timely basis.
- Provide status reports regarding the execution of TPM activities.
- Personally respond to all maintenance emergencies, 24 hours a day.
- Carry out systems troubleshooting and repair for all facilities systems.
- May service as technical expert in a specialty field and lead the work of others.
- Bachelor's Degree in electrical engineering, computer science, computer engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Experience with PLC, CAD Software, C, and AutoCAD software and systems.
- Fluency in inner workings of items such as ventilation systems, exhaust systems, or heaters.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Comfortable computing and calibrating when necessary.
- Can assist clients with decision making by diagnosing issues and providing cost estimates.
- Demonstrated strong work ethic and an eye for continuous improvement.
Maintenance Engineer V Career Path
Learn how to become a Maintenance Engineer V, what skills and education you need to succeed, and what level of pay to expect at each step on your career path.
Maintenance Engineer V Insights
“Good place to start your career and get a few years of experience then disappear to the better one.”
“The pay is good as a submariner and you get a good allowance of leave.”
“But I feel JLL is great as I had great seniors to were really helpful and I've enjoyed my time here.”
“Government job means there's a job security this is the only thing which is good.”
“It's a great career to have and to be able to work with different kinds of people and do irrigation.”
“good pay and hr is helpfull”
“It is stable and friendly.”
“to work in Gujarat and one of the top 5 PSU'S of govt of Gujarat.”
Maintenance Engineer V Interviews
Frequently asked questions about the role and responsibilities of a Maintenance Engineer V
- Maintenance Technician
- Maintenance Manager
- Maintenance Mechanic