What does a Marketing Coordinator do?
Marketing coordinators assist the marketing department with its initiatives and programs. Their responsibilities can vary greatly depending on the company. Tasks may include: coordinating marketing and community events, assisting with the development, execution, and monitoring of email, digital, social media, and content marketing campaigns, creating original content, and conducting market research.
Most marketing coordinators have a Bachelor's degree in marketing, advertising, business administration, or a related field. Creativity is one of the most important skills for marketing coordinators, and a typical marketing coordinator also has excellent project management and communication skills.
- Support the marketing department's initiatives with the planning, executing, and tracking of marketing programs such as email, event, social media, or content marketing
- Independently coordinate marketing and community events, including overseeing logistics, managing registrations, coordinating with vendors, creating iteneraries, and ordering marketing collateral
- Coordinate product, event, or content email marketing campaigns, including copy, scheduling, testing, and database management
- Create, proofread, and edit copy for various marketing channels, ensuring consistent voice
- Assist with developing and managing content and social media marketing programs, including blogs and public relations efforts
- Evaluate and monitor campaign performance on an ongoing basis by analyzing key metrics and creating comprehensive reports
- Manage relationships with external vendors to ensure high-quality and timely execution of marketing programs, and to ensure competitiveness
- Conduct market research and identify trends
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, marketing, communications, or a related field
- 1-3 years of experience in marketing
- Must have strong organizational and project management skills, as well as attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as outstanding copywriting and proofreading skills
- Firm grasp on various marketing platforms, channels, and best practices, including social, digital, and email marketing
- Must be a self-starter and able to independently move projects forward, priotitize tasks, and meet deadlines
- Must have strong analytical skills to analyze metrics and create reports
- Must have a high level of creativity
- Occasional travel may be required
Marketing Coordinator Salaries near India
Average Base Pay
Marketing Coordinator Career Path
Learn how to become a Marketing Coordinator, what skills and education you need to succeed, and what level of pay to expect at each step on your career path.
Years of Experience Distribution
Marketing Coordinator Insights
“Everyone is nice and friendly and I can say that they really trained you to be the best version of yourself”
“I truly enjoy coming to work every day and I love how close and collaborative our team is.”
“People are nice and friendly so you don't have to overthink messaging them / asking them questions.”
“A few good people on the team who are genuine and really good to work with.”
“Pressure from clients and upper levels at the organization was easily felt during my time.”
“Compensation is competitive but inconsistent and based on an antiquated banding and annual review approach/system.”
“There were many opportunities for growth within my position and I felt like my opinion was highly valued.”
“It was one of the best jobs I had and working with the team was great!”
Marketing Coordinator Interviews
Frequently asked questions about the role and responsibilities of marketing coordinators
A marketing coordinator develops and executes advertising campaigns that are designed to raise awareness about a company, brand, or product. This may include drafting content, performing market research, evaluating ROI, crafting a brand strategy, and coordinating the creation of promotional materials.
Yes, marketing is a growing field with many new opportunities as avenues like social media marketing and online content marketing grow. Becoming a marketing coordinator is a good career step for those who enjoy creative projects where they can innovate and explore new ways to communicate with people.
On average, a marketing coordinator makes just over ₹51,892 a year. Seniority and experience are typically the biggest factors in a marketing coordinator's salary. Marketing professionals also tend to make more in the health care, eCommerce, software, and computer technology industries.
Working as a marketing coordinator is not usually considered a hard job, though marketing coordinators need to employ a careful balance of organization and creativity. While it's important to think outside the box, explore new ideas, and employ intriguing strategies, a marketing coordinator must also have excellent time management and a keen eye for detail.