What does a President do?
The president of an organization acts as the top executive personnel responsible for business strategic planning and company vision. Providing leadership to the organization, the president holds all business operations accountable to the stakeholders and the company policies. Further duties include direct reporting to the board of directors, assuming a supervisory role for top-level management, taking on the responsibility for budget and financial health and management of the organization.
Almost all presidents have a bachelor's degree in business with many holding a master's of business administration. Senior level experience in management is commonplace with successful candidates possessing an extensive working knowledge of the business environment and market conditions of the industry. Excellent communication skills and strong public presence is a must followed by the need for critical thinking and financial acumen to develop working strategies. Flexibility is also essential for this job role as long hours may be required to attend meetings or in times of crises.
- Represent the organization as the top executive personnel
- Provide strategic planning and vision for the organization
- Hold business operations accountable to stakeholders and company policies
- Provide a professional public presence on behalf of the company
- Draw out short-term and long-term goals for the company
- Direct reporting to the board of directors where applicable
- Supervise top-level management personnel
- Take charge of the budget and financial health of the company
- Master's of business administration preferred
- Senior level management experience in the industry is required
- Extensive knowledge of the industry and market conditions
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong public presence and professional image
- Exceptional critical thinking and analytical skills
- Strong business and financial acumen
- Flexible to work long hours as required
President Salaries near India
Average Base Pay
President Career Path
Learn how to become a President, what skills and education you need to succeed, and what level of pay to expect at each step on your career path.
Years of Experience Distribution
“What sets us apart is the genuine care and respect we have for every individual within our Liftech family.”
“Education is really pushed and paid for however they don't have much of training program and its really up to each employee to be self”
“Great people and great to work with”
“Learning and growing is our passion and we have many resources to help you achieve this.”
“Time and special people contributed to my personal growth and brought me where I am today.”
“Growing company means that not enough people to handle the responsibilities and you get jobs outside your responsibility.”
“Healthcare with Heart is our tagline and certainly a mission that we live each and every day here at CareSource.”
“Flexible Work Schedule is Great”
Frequently asked questions about the role and responsibilities of a President
When working as a President, the most common skills you will need to perform your job and for career success are Leadership, Programmatic, UCAAS, Written Communication and Sensitive.
- Chief Operating Officer
- Chief Executive Officer
- Senior Leader
The most common qualifications to become a President is a minimum of a Bachelor's Degree and an average of 0 - 1 of experience not including years spent in education and/or training.