What does a Proposal Coordinator do?
Proposal coordinators help develop and submit marketing proposals by providing administrative assistance to proposal managers. They use word processing systems to create presentations, prepare work plans, and organize proposal content. Proposal coordinators also create computer graphics and prioritize assignments. They work with marketing and business personnel and oversee proposal development, including ensuring they keep with company standards.
Proposal coordinators also ensure documents facilitate a proposal review process and guide production in the final draft. They work closely with marketing and business personnel to develop timely high quality and competitive marketing proposals. They often utilize word processing, data processing, and industry-specific software programs to edit and finalize materials. Proposal coordinators need a bachelor's degree in English, communications, or marketing.
- Participate in handover of successful proposals to the project team.
- Lead proposal team assignments and initial proposal management plan.
- Provide regular updates to management, operations, and support staff regarding the proposal process.
- Oversee the proposal team, coordinating efforts and ensuring all timelines are met.
- Ensure the quality and compliance of final proposal documents.
- Contribute to assigned process improvement initiatives and support implementation.
- Coordinate development of pricing sections with the executive team as appropriate.
- Review and analyze RFP documents to ensure adequate information for budget and proposal preparation is provided.
- Ensure the control of the bidding costs for the assigned bids.
- Provide input to other cross-functional departments pertaining to prospect requests.
- Develop and share best practices with team members to enhance the quality and efficiency.
- Ensure that the proposal is free of grammar, spelling, and typographical errors.
- Preparation of high quality and accurate documents in accordance with agreed strategy and sponsor expectations under the pressure of changing timelines.
- Bachelor's Degree in business or marketing.
- Advanced familiarity with RFI/RFP processes and procedures.
- Editing and templating competencies.
- Strong command of English language and good communication skills.
- Solid leadership, time management, and critical thinking skills.
Proposal Coordinator Salaries
Average Base Pay
Proposal Coordinator Career Path
Learn how to become a Proposal Coordinator, what skills and education you need to succeed, and what level of pay to expect at each step on your career path.
Years of Experience Distribution
Proposal Coordinator Insights
“The job itself is fun and I get along well with my coworkers inside and outside of work.”
“Nice to know that every day I got to work and make a good impact on the world.”
“The best I can talk about is the flexible working hours and the ability to work from any where.”
“Occasional long hours but nothing you wouldn't expect from other companies in this industry.”
“This team wants to see its team members successful in their roles and advancing in their career goals.”
“One of the best places to work and gives you the flexibility to work and collaborate on your own.”
“There is plenty of opportunity to extend your remit to contribute to projects outside of your day”
“Much effort on self development and career progression”
Proposal Coordinator Interviews
Frequently asked questions about the role and responsibilities of a Proposal Coordinator
- Technical Writer
- Technical Editor