What does a Senior Principal Product Marketing MAnager do?
Product marketing managers are responsible for overseeing the comprehensive marketing efforts related to a particular product, brand, or product line. They develop and execute marketing campaigns and promotional initiatives. They play a central role in establishing the brand vision and approving content and messaging. They lead a team of marketing specialists, content developers, and other staff. Their work often involves conducting market research and studying competitor campaigns. They establish metrics for evaluating campaign performance and perform data analysis to monitor ongoing initiatives.
Product marketing managers typically have at least a bachelor’s degree in marketing, and a background in marketing or communications. They should have experience developing and supervising marketing campaigns. These roles require strong leadership and project management skills. Proficiency with Google Analytics and similar tools is helpful.
- Track product usage trends to inform product development, pricing/packaging, content, and collateral.
- Create competitive positioning, messaging and response for client facing teams to respond to competitive claims.
- Conduct and support enablement efforts for internal sales teams.
- Own product pricing and market positioning in relation to key competitors.
- Act as project manager between marketing, sales and product teams for product-focused initiatives.
- Understand the product marketplace and formulate relevant positioning tactics.
- Test and refine new marketing approaches and channels to reach and engage key audiences.
- Drive and manage product launches including planning, messaging and communication.
- Conduct customer and market research on current and future market trends/opportunities.
- Work with senior management and product management to create product plans and roadmaps.
- Assist in creating materials for proposals, presentations and reports.
- Structure and optimize A/B and multivariate testing in channel marketing.
- Drive development of key messages that resonate with target buyers' new releases and campaigns.
- Develop and execute a marketing campaign that support goals and objectives.
- Bachelor's Degree in business or computer science.
- Experience with Google analytics and other cloud software and systems.
- Has an understanding about current events and trends and uses knowledge in daily interactions.
- Demonstrated experience writing promotional materials such as web copy or newsletters.
- Is a critical thinker and problem solver with natural negotiation skills and composure.
- Can turn to creative thinking when necessary and pay strict attention to detail.
- Experience leading and collaborate with large groups.
- Natural fluency with next generation sequencing.
- Experience with SaaS and search engine capabilities.
Senior Principal Product Marketing Manager Salaries
There are no current reports for Senior Principal Product Marketing Manager salaries. You can add additional job titles in your job preferences to see related salary information.
Senior Principal Product Marketing MAnager Career Path
Learn how to become a Senior Principal Product Marketing MAnager, what skills and education you need to succeed, and what level of pay to expect at each step on your career path.
Years of Experience Distribution
Senior Principal Product Marketing MAnager Insights
“Everyone on the team is super nice and supportive and I never had any coworker issues.”
“to a person everyone i work with is super talented at what they do and great to work with.”
“great bosses and got autonomy to do my own things while still having a structured path.”
“The best part about VC is it gives you ample opportunities to grow and learn.”
“Work/life balance (I usually end up pulling at least one all nighter a week).”
“No real opportunity for professional development or career growth if you are not on the inside track.”
“out because there is no career path or anyone to help you get to the next level.”
“Promotions are not a thing…I’ve received an excellent on my year end review three years in a row and still can’t be promoted.”
Senior Principal Product Marketing MAnager Interviews
Frequently asked questions about the role and responsibilities of a Senior Principal Product Marketing MAnager
- Product Owner
- Technical Product Manager
- Product Manager
- Digital Marketing Manager