What does a Senior Service Coordinator do?
As a Service Coordinator, you will work with clients to provide quality service and to ensure clients get the services they need. There is a heavy customer service basis, as the Service Coordinator is often the initial contact, so having good people skills is a must. You will also need to build strong relationships with our partners and service providers to ensure clients receive the best care possible.
A high school diploma is required for this position, but a post-secondary degree is preferred. A service coordinator needs to have good communication and problem-solving skills. Building partnerships and good relationships with service providers and clients is a must to be successful in this role.
- Assess the service needs of clients and connect them with the correct provider
- Create and maintain a directory of service providers and resources
- Create and maintain a database of clients and client needs
- Assess client issues and provide recommendations to fix problems
- Ensure each client is given the necessary services and follow up to fill ongoing service needs
- Maintain good relationships with service providers and clients to keep customer base
- Expand the list of resources and providers to assure there are no gaps in services
- Answer telephones and respond to email inquiries in the office
- 1-3 years of industry experience or a related customer service experience required
- Previous administrative experience preferred
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office, including Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
- Excellent customer service and problem-solving skills
- High quality organizational skills
- The ability to work well under deadlines and to multitask
- The ability to build relationships and coalitions within the community
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
Senior Service Coordinator Salaries
There are no current reports for Senior Service Coordinator salaries. You can add additional job titles in your job preferences to see related salary information.
Senior Service Coordinator Career Path
Learn how to become a Senior Service Coordinator, what skills and education you need to succeed, and what level of pay to expect at each step on your career path.
Years of Experience Distribution
Senior Service Coordinator Insights
“benefits are good (I am a single user so cost is efficient per paycheck)”
“This is a great opportunity for someone beginning or emerging within their career to grow and develop.”
“I had a great time working with the Engine team in Dubai and highly recommend them.”
“They don’t really promote from within and even when they do there is little pay increase.”
“I loved working with the families and I had an amazing team and a great boss.”
“The job is rewarding IF you love the work AND maintain a good work/life balance.”
“You have multiple facets to this job but the compensation for what you do is low.”
“Amazing career opportunities (I have worked my way up from an entry level with a temp.”
Senior Service Coordinator Interviews
Frequently asked questions about the role and responsibilities of a Senior Service Coordinator
When working as a Senior Service Coordinator, the most common skills you will need to perform your job and for career success are Filing, Excellent Customer Service, MS Powerpoint, MS OUTLOOK and Faxing.
- Executive Assistant
- Administrative Assistant
- Office Manager
The most common qualifications to become a Senior Service Coordinator is a minimum of a Bachelor's Degree and an average of 0 - 1 of experience not including years spent in education and/or training.