What does a Staff Campus Recruiter do?
Campus recruiters locate, woo, and recruit talent to fill job openings for internship positions; recruits are often still in school or recent graduates from universities or colleges. They may work directly for a company or an agency that hires on behalf of companies or organizations. They coordinate and facilitate on-campus recruiting events, which is a primary function of campus recruiting. They participate in job fairs and meetings with key campus groups, attend parties, and other social events.
Campus recruiters ensure every activity they participate in flows smoothly and reach the desired student demographic. Campus recruiters compete with one another in attracting the most promising talent, making it essential that prospects understand the benefits and rewards offered through the organization they represent. They spend time interviewing candidates, sometimes conducting pre-employment processes with students from interview to job offers before they graduate. Campus recruiters need a minimum bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, or related fields and fluency in employment interview techniques.
- Perform general office duties in support of the football program.
- Serve as head coach's liaison with campus departments as assigned.
- Travel with the team to ensure all team needs are met.
- Lead ongoing dialogue with business stakeholders, recruiters, and colleagues to further develop, execute and enhance our university recruiting initiatives.
- Identify top schools and programs and build relationships with students, faculty and career services.
- Work closely with on-call therapists, administrators, psychiatrists and unit staff to ensure smooth admission during evening, late night and weekend hours.
- Analyze progress and results at core schools, identify best practices and develop strategic recommendations.
- Manage a team of high-perform coworkers, including performance management, coaching and development.
- Ability to engage intellectually and physically in all components of the recreation environment.
- Build a vision that executes on a comprehensive campus recruiting strategy, creating a diverse student pipeline to deliver against bold dynamic hiring plans.
- Enhance and implement an efficient and standardized interview process that scales across roles and offices.
- Build upon a high-touch and high-perform talent team by refining hiring forecasting capabilities. establish and report on data driven metrics that create actionable insights.
- Coordinate recruiting events, community service, fundraising, and alumni events.
- Make strategic recommendations based on analysis and findings.
- Analyze and summarize candidate feedback and key trends and present to University Recruiting Team Lead and Recruiting Managers / Senior Associate to aide in interview selections and pre-identify candidates for upcoming recruiting events.
- Bachelor's Degree in data science, computer science, business or computer engineering.
- Demonstrated collaboration, attention to detail, and work ethic.
- Comfortable leading, talent sourcing, and onboarding.
- A collaborator and critical thinker.
- Prior consulting experience.
- Can multitask and prioritize as needed.
- Demonstrated business acumen and technical leadership capabilities.
- Fluency in products and services.
Staff Campus Recruiter Career Path
Learn how to become a Staff Campus Recruiter, what skills and education you need to succeed, and what level of pay to expect at each step on your career path.
Average Years of Experience
Staff Campus Recruiter Insights
“Good learning and development oppoturnities”
“Not really any career progression”
“Long hours but nothing much”
“Great place to start your career in campus recruiting”
“Good people to work with”
“it is not the best pay”
“many opportunities to grow your career”
“Excellent organisation to start your career”
Staff Campus Recruiter Interviews
Frequently asked questions about the role and responsibilities of a Staff Campus Recruiter
- Corporate Recruiter
- It Recruiter
- Technical Recruiter