What does a Supply-Chain-Manager do?
A Supply Chain Manager has an important role in the planning, organizing and carrying out of large-scale projects. A Supply Chain Manager reviews data and then enacts a plan in order to make improvements to the supply chain system. They work to promote top-notch performance from workers and lower the overall costs of items used in projects.
A Supply Chain Manager is the contact point for many large purchases made from outside of the company for projects. They ensure fair prices and negotiate with company representatives to set to it the parent company is receiving the best possible price for good solid. Additionally, a Supply Chain Manager had detailed awareness of stock on hand and actively monitor what is being used and support builders by making sure they have the tools needed.
- Seek to improve all aspects of the supply chain department by reviewing current methodology and processes
- Work closely with the IT department to create effective databases to manage and organize warehouse inventory
- Train and instruct other members of the Supply Chain team
- Maintain a friendly and professional relationship with vendors while promoting company initiatives and values
- Research and seek out the most cost-efficient shipment procedures and methods
- Organize and oversee inventory by keeping a detailed database of available inventory and expected usage per project
- Research partner companies and seek to negotiate best-price contracts to increase business revenue
- Plan and implement supply chain optimization projects
- Experience managing and improving supply chain data, information and processes
- Actively seek to improve all aspects of the supply chain by streamlining steps and locating the best prices for inventory
- Professional communication skills are essential when conversing and negotiating with vendors
- Exceptional ability to conceptualize large-picture projects and foresee challenges and needs to be addressed
- Top-level understanding of all aspects of supply chain processes
- Ability to research companies and determine the best vendors to reach out to for various projects
- Previous experience with Supply Chain Management is essential
- Experience working in and maintaining databases using Microsoft Excel and others relevant to company processes
- Supply Chain Management certification is strongly preferred
Supply-Chain-Manager Salaries near India
Average Base Pay
Supply-Chain-Manager Career Path
Learn how to become a Supply-Chain-Manager, what skills and education you need to succeed, and what level of pay to expect at each step on your career path.
Years of Experience Distribution
“I joined out of college and they gave me training that was both challenging and rewarding.”
“Lack of promotion opportunities in Israel and develop my career in this type of position within the company”
“Career growth opportunities are good however compensation can at times not match the desired level of expectations.”
“You have to learn on the go as there is little training but Ryan was really helpful and understanding.”
“My boss was very understanding about my schedule and situation and really helped me out.”
“Many development opportunities for those looking to expand their knowledge and advance in their career.”
“The pay per hour is great if you are full time and have been there for years.”
“It provides a good platform for career growth where talent and hard work are recognised and appreciated.”
Frequently asked questions about the role and responsibilities of supply chain managers
Supply chain managers are distribution executives. They organize every step of the supply process. During their typical work day, supply chain managers analyze the company's inventory, source raw materials, supervise the logistics of the production process, and find optimal routes to deliver the final merchandise to customers.
Yes, there are many opportunities for career advancement as a supply chain manager. These individuals have a lot of responsibilities to fulfill. The best part about being a supply chain manager is that there are plenty of opportunities for creative problem solving, for example when there are problems with operational performance.
The average annual salary for a supply chain manager is ₹14,00,000. A key salary determinant is the size of the company. Supply chain managers with more duties and years of experience could earn higher salaries. Many companies also give these employees an annual bonus.
Working as a supply chain manager means you often work at a fast pace. Any logistical errors can be catastrophic for a business. Professionals need to remain focused on every detail of the supply chain process. This is why detail-oriented people who are skilled at problem solving are suitable to become good supply chain managers.