What does a Technical Account Manager II do?
Technical account managers provide high-level tech support to their customers and project teams before and after a sale or transaction. They report to a director or supervisor and work with clients in the hopes of building strong relationships and to ensure customer satisfaction.
Technical account managers visit customers within an assigned area to ensure that their services are functioning well and advise customers of opportunities for additional services, products, or solutions. Sometimes, they coordinate installation or integration of services for a customer. They are tasked with identifying potential areas of concern for a customer before they arrive and deliver recommendations from current and potential internet technology needs during the business relationship. They train customers in the proper use of their products and answer product related queries in a timely and efficient manner. They provide reports to product developers and stakeholders product performance and track account metrics. Technical account managers need a bachelor’s degree in advertising, public relations, or related fields.
- Responsible for customer satisfaction, retention and reference-ability for all assigned account.
- Establish and maintain a technical relationship with assigned customer accounts.
- Comfortable in dealing with IT systems that support end-to-end business processes across the customers' value chain.
- Navigate, escalate and lead efforts on complex customer requests or projects involving multiple parties and enterprise systems.
- Develop relationships with new prospects by leveraging personal and business networks.
- Utilize a deep understanding of each customers environment to identify customer needs and implement solutions that will accelerate their success.
- Work with project managers to ensure that projects mesh well with the overall strategy and are implemented successfully.
- Responsible for making moderate to significant improvements in processes, systems, or products to improve the performance of the job area.
- Identify trends and prevent issues from occurring by being proactive.
- Provide assistance and leadership in resolving complex issues across teams and throughout the company.
- Act as a technical liaison between customers, service engineering teams and support.
- Lead a team that ensures customer success and the growth and nurturing of team members' careers.
- Ensure that all communication, interactions, assignments, details and actions are clear, effective, timely.
- Use best practices to drive standardization and efficiencies across your customer base to ensure full value realization.
- Manage a portfolio or clients and ensure success through the attainment of asset goals and objectives.
- Collaborate and communicate with multiple internal teams to ensure specialized customer support resolution.
- Develop relationships with existing customers and focus on renewing customers contracts and upselling additional services.
- Clear understanding of the assigned accounts' business goals and directions and drive return on investment with our products and services.
- Make and meet all commitments, build trust with customers and help others to do the same.
- Expert at turning failing or struggling accounts into successful accounts, and helping others in the team do the same.
- Bachelor's or Graduate's Degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or information systems.
- Comfortable leading and collaborating.
- A problem solver with strict attention to detail.
- Comfortable onboarding and advocating for others.
- Prior experience as a consultant.
- Fluency in scripting and computing.
Technical Account Manager Ii Salaries
There are no current reports for Technical Account Manager Ii salaries. You can add additional job titles in your job preferences to see related salary information.
Technical Account Manager II Career Path
Learn how to become a Technical Account Manager II, what skills and education you need to succeed, and what level of pay to expect at each step on your career path.
Average Years of Experience
Technical Account Manager II Insights
“I wish we had time to revamp our training program so it was more robust.”
“Not to many but pay could have been better for the skill set needed for the position.”
“But at the same time I enjoy the compensation and working with really smart people that gives me a great work satisfaction.”
“I heard several great reviews before coming to NICE inContact and I can say now based on my own experience they were right.”
“awesome career training and resources”
“Good compensation and stable”
“In this case the product/platform is good and established customers like it.”
“workers and I have continually pressed on this issue and received excuses while others receive promotions.”
Technical Account Manager II Interviews
Frequently asked questions about the role and responsibilities of a Technical Account Manager II
- Production Manager
- Account Manager
- Customer Success Manager
- Account Executive