What does a Technology Architect do?
Technology architects plan, design, and build IT architectural systems and solutions. They develop and implement programs and platforms, often after undertaking a high-level analysis of the organization needs and existing resources. They frequently work in close collaboration with solutions architects, developers, engineers, and other specialists. They stay informed of the latest emerging technologies so they can recommend innovative solutions that address an organization’s challenges and objectives. They create a technical roadmap plotting current and future systems, and also create documentation related to the technological infrastructure.
Technology architects typically have a bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or a related technical field. They should have experience planning and building comprehensive technological architecture systems. They must be detail oriented, with good project management skills. Proficiency with common programming languages is helpful.
- Participate in the design and development application architecture for commercial lending applications.
- Evaluate systems specifications for client area website requirements and determines and implements the most efficient and cost-effective software/package solution.
- Responsible for working on high architectural impact projects/sprints.
- Manage designs for multiple projects/sprints concurrently throughout the project life cycle.
- Assist in the development of proof of concept prototype to evaluate evolving products and technologies.
- Regular backup and recovery management using storage and backup strategy.
- Connect to assigned systems, verify current system state, identify hardware issue or restart system, and review logs for root cause analysis.
- Bachelor's or Graduate's Degree in computer science, engineering, information systems or information technology or equivalent experience.alent engineering Degree.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Dynamics.
- Experience with SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle SQL, ETL, SAS, APIs, and JAVA systems and software.
- Experience with R Language, Cognos BI, Linux, and Hadoop.
- Prior experience as a consultant.
- Demonstrated capability with frameworks, shell scripting, and machine learning.
- Strive for continuous improvement and serve in a leadership position that is also collaborative.
Technology Architect Salaries
Average Base Pay
Technology Architect Career Path
Learn how to become a Technology Architect, what skills and education you need to succeed, and what level of pay to expect at each step on your career path.
Years of Experience Distribution
Technology Architect Insights
“Good good good good good”
“Nice place to grow your technical skills and develop your career”
“Really good work life balance (depending on your project)”
“Year end reviews are bad”
“Salary compensation is not as compared to big 5 ITs”
“good work life balance projects”
“good place to start your career”
“Annual salary increment can be better”
Technology Architect Interviews
Frequently asked questions about the role and responsibilities of a Technology Architect
- Technology Specialist
- Technology Analyst
- Project Architect
- Enterprise Architect