What does a Warehouse Order Selector do?
An order selector is responsible for selecting customer orders and fulfilling them as quickly and accurately as possible. Tasks include the selecting, staging, packaging and loading of customer orders to be delivered without damage or error. Warehouse equipment is also used to help achieve this goal. The typical job progression from an order selector is to a supervisory or managerial role following obtaining a bachelor's degree.
An order selector typically has a minimum educational requirement of a high school diploma or equivalent. As this position is physically demanding, the ideal candidate must be able to lift heavy weights and regularly operate equipment to select and fulfill customer orders efficiently. Excellent communication skills are a must to communicate with coworkers and supervisors accurately.
- Receive and carry out directions as provided by a supervisor
- Demonstrate accuracy of work at all times
- Navigate warehouse equipment to ensure customer orders are collected
- Package customer orders according to order requests
- Review documentation and work following procedures laid out
- Schedule work to be completed within set timeframes
- Communicate with coworkers and supervisors to optimize work completion
- Ensure company guidelines and policies are met at all times
- Experience as an order selector in a warehouse is preferred
- Fast learner with the willingness to improve
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Proven expertise in getting consumer orders correctly
- Proficient in technology including Microsoft Office applications
- Diligent and meticulous in ensuring accuracy
- High work ethics to meet company policies and guidelines
- Physical ability to perform heavy lifting of up to 100lbs
- Must be able to stand for long hours at a time
Warehouse Order Selector Salaries near India
Average Base Pay
Warehouse Order Selector Career Path
Learn how to become a Warehouse Order Selector, what skills and education you need to succeed, and what level of pay to expect at each step on your career path.
Years of Experience Distribution
Warehouse Order Selector Insights
“I love the highly motivated and dynamic individuals supporting the largest search engine in our time.”
“While the perks are great I’m not sure if it’s enough to tolerate the job.”
“Well I like doing what I do and it was fun to experience as well.”
“My work did not feel valued because it wasn't "good enough" even if It was the best I could do.”
“The pay is good because they wouldn’t be able to get anyone to do what they’re asking otherwise.”
“Good pay which is higher than 21 for experienced pickers 27.61 is the base for experienced pickers”
“the pay for what they expect out of you is not worth the suffer at the end of the day.”
“Physically active and good pay”
Warehouse Order Selector Interviews
Frequently asked questions about the role and responsibilities of a Warehouse Order Selector
When working as a Warehouse Order Selector, the most common skills you will need to perform your job and for career success are English Language, Speaking, Adherence, Order Selection and Continuous Improvement.
- Material Handler
- Forklift Operator
- Warehouse Worker
The most common qualifications to become a Warehouse Order Selector is a minimum of a Bachelor's Degree and an average of 0 - 1 of experience not including years spent in education and/or training.