Compare American Tower vs Crown Castle BETASee how working at American Tower vs. Crown Castle compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at American Tower vs. Crown Castle. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- American Tower scored higher in 2 areas: % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- Crown Castle scored higher in 6 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance, Senior Management and Culture & Values.
- Both tied in 1 area: CEO Approval.
What Employees Say
- Crown Castle had 5 more reviews than American Tower that mentioned "Work life balance" as a Pro.
- American Tower had 7 more reviews than Crown Castle that mentioned "Work life balance" as a Con.
- American Tower had 6 more reviews than Crown Castle that mentioned "Upper management" as a Con.
I have been working at American Tower full-time for more than a year
I have been working with ATC India IT Shared Services Centre, as Senior Member Technical Staff, for around 2 years. I am proud of being a part of this Fortune 500 company and I want to share my... experience working with the organization, for others to read and reflect upon it. Pros: 1. You get immediate exposure to working with Global colleagues. Its a great learning experience and surely works well for your CV, If you have worked with clients or colleagues in multiple geographies. It makes you aware of their culture, helps you build your communication and makes you confident working successfully in a remote delivery model 2. If you love independence in your work, if you love space and opportunity in work you will like this place. I love it, since I have the freedom to suggest improvements and drive them on my own. I get full support. If you are used to working in an instruction led and rigid environment, you will call this place not having the best processes. 3. The technology stack is wide and employees are encouraged to cross-skill and work on multiple technology platforms. If you have a learnt new technology, you dont have to struggle or wait to get into a new project. You can try your hands on a small project or task in the new technology area while continuing with your primary deliveries. Its pretty difficult to get such ample and easy learning opportunities in other organizations and the leadership continuously encourages people to learn more, acquire new skills and stay hands on. There is no fear of being on bench, there is no blood shed over delivery, delivery process is matured, technology is up-to-date - I don't think I could ask for more. And yes, I would love to learn about one more organization where a Salesforce resource gets opportunity to learn mulesfot. A Manual Tester gets opportunity to work as a Product Business Analyst. And this happens here without any fuss. I haven't seen another place ( may be I haven't switched enough:)) where people get trained on a new technology within a month of their joining and seamlessly deployed into new projects. Yes, it needs people with self drive as well. I have seen many examples, where people have joined this organization with ZERO experience and walked out as veterans in just 2 years. There must be something the organization has to offer !! But if you are the lazy children of god, aspiring a 5-star training center in Mysore or Trivandrum to pamper you into training, this may not be the place for you. 4. Prior to joining ATC India SSC, I was working with a MNC where work from home was the norm and I was quite used to it. Here we dont have Work From Home policy. I was initially skeptical. I was like how would I survive without work from home ? Would I be able to manage my home along with work ?? Trust me, I never faced any challenge in last 18 months I have worked here. If I had a delivery to do and an urgent work at home, organization always supported me. Timings are flexible. Managers are understanding. Onsite colleagues are friendly. There are enough leaves ( and I mean it :)) in your balance. Here neither people nor policies are rigid, like most other places I have worked before. So life is easy and comfortable at ATC India SSC. 5. I had always worked for large IT organizations that used to be hierarchical. ATC India SSC has 150+ employees and structure is pretty flat. Most objective appraisal cycle. No bias. No discrimination. And I think organization is a way too generous while doling out bonus to employees. If you are an average performer, your 100% bonus is still assured. If you are a good performer you have potential to earn higher bonus. I would love to learn of another organization that is as generous if not more!! And In the end, I dont want to stress too much on the free snacks, munches that we enjoy, proximity to metro station, celebrations and festivities that we have in our lives here. We are actually going to get more in coming days !
1. ATC India SSC Doesn’t advertise like other captive centers or IT organizations. So many people are not aware of this company. One of the reasons, why I thought of sharing my experience here,... while I am still working here. 2. Cafeteria : The center needs better food options in the cafeteria. struggle and search is on ! Thankfully if you walk out of the building and food options are in abundance. So this has not bothered me much. 3. We do not have 2000 people in the office. So many of us do not get the opportunity to do nothing and get comfortably lost in the crowd...each one us is being taken care of, being thought of, being talked to. So if I am the one who loves coming to office and walking out without anyone noticing my presence, If I hate attention, I am not going to like this place.
Advice to Management
You have built a great work place! I am grateful that I have been hired by ATC. Continue the good work and build great careers