Compare BMC Software vs NortonLifeLock BETASee how working at BMC Software vs. NortonLifeLock compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at BMC Software vs. NortonLifeLock. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- BMC Software scored higher in 7 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- NortonLifeLock scored higher in 1 area: Work-life balance.
- Both tied in 1 area: Compensation & Benefits.
What Employees Say
- NortonLifeLock had 502 more reviews than BMC Software that mentioned "Work life balance" as a Pro.
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Con at BMC Software.
- "Upper management" was the most mentioned Con at NortonLifeLock.
I have been working at BMC Software full-time for more than 8 years
BMC has a culture of solid teamwork and caring for employees, in addition to the intellectual challenge offered by the start up atmosphere. The company is well established, but offers employees an... opportunity to dig deeply into their roles and learn as much as possible by doing more than just what is in the job description. In the corporate groups, everyone has an opportunity to make an impact and feel appreciated for their work. Additional project work is always available for people who volunteer to learn new skills. The result is a group of employees with much longer than average tenure in their jobs.
The positive enviornment means that there is not much turnover in some areas of the business, so advancement opportunities can require creativity or moving to a new team.