Compare Balyasny Asset Management vs Point72 BETASee how working at Balyasny Asset Management vs. Point72 compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Balyasny Asset Management vs. Point72. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Balyasny Asset Management scored higher in 5 areas: Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values and CEO Approval.
- Point72 scored higher in 4 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
What Employees Say
- "Free lunch" was the most mentioned Pro at Balyasny Asset Management.
- "Smart people" was the most mentioned Pro at Point72.
- "Hedge funds" was the most mentioned Con at Balyasny Asset Management.
- "Long hours" was the most mentioned Con at Point72.
I have been working at Balyasny Asset Management full-time for less than a year
- Super smart people, all focused on the mission and helping each other accomplish it. - Amazing tech stack. You'll be working with the cloud, up to date collaboration tools, current programming... languages, etc. - Great support to WFH during COVID. - Very competitive pay and excellent benefits. - Great diversity and inclusion.
I wouldn't call them cons. Perhaps "things to be aware of". - You are expected to perform. I think that's a good thing, as it helps you grow and learn new things. If you want a job where you can... coast, however, this is not the place (which I like and one of the reasons I came here). - You are protecting BAM and its clients, so don't make a huge mistake that could bring down the network during trading hours. This is not a con, it's the nature of the job. Just like when you are a surgeon, making a mistake on your patient has dire repercussions.
Advice to Management
Keep up the good work and support. Love that you have an open door policy and always listen to feedback.