Compare Boots Opticians vs Boots BETASee how working at Boots Opticians vs. Boots compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Boots Opticians vs. Boots. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Boots scored higher in 9 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
What Employees Say
- Boots had 166 more reviews than Boots Opticians that mentioned "Staff discount" as a Pro.
- Boots had 269 more reviews than Boots Opticians that mentioned "Good pay" as a Pro.
- "Shop floor" was the most mentioned Con at Boots Opticians.
- "Long hours" was the most mentioned Con at Boots.
I have been working at Boots Opticians full-time for more than a year
Training and foundation dispensing course provided provided out of store by the company. For retailer salaries are not to bad
After doing foundation store there is no training our support from majority of colleagues or manager. If you are good, pretend you're not. The managers will take advantage of the fact you are a quick... learner, dedicated and organised and will use you to do their work and will promise you career development and a higher position in the future, when it comes to that, nothing happens and someone else not dedicated or passionate like you will get it instead and you just get a big stab on your back! Really bad life work balance! In one day you ar working for exemple from 9am-6pm and the other day you're doing a 2pm-11pm next day a 11am-7pm. It kills your system there are no set times to have meals! I had put 10kg since started working for boots and just have damadge my health!
Advice to Management
Be more supportive and do not use their employees knowledge and dedication to use and abuse them and disappoint them and is the moment of truth. Managers need to face more their staff and confront... them themselves rather then sending other subordinates to do their on job!
I worked at Boots full-time for more than 5 years
Best place to work with ..learnt a lot ..had a great team at both lupset and chimes.
- Didn't get enough salary hike and a package. -in 2010, I was told that company will sponsor me working visa (Tier 2) and because of that I didn't find a new job .. in 2011, I was told that they... can't sponsor the visa due to frequent changes in government rules. I would be there by this time if the company had sponsored me the visa or they would have informed me earlier (I could have joined other organisations) and I didn't have to return to my home country after spending lot of money in completing master's.
Advice to Management
Use carrot theories for right employees or don't commit something to employees which you can't give..if you do so then you are playing with someone's career. Anyway that was lesson for me ..... Fortunately, I got a job in drug safety in my home country and got a chance to work with all big pharma companies.