Compare Caterpillar vs GE BETASee how working at Caterpillar vs. GE compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Caterpillar vs. GE. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Caterpillar scored higher in 2 areas: Compensation & Benefits and Positive Business Outlook.
- GE scored higher in 5 areas: Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval and % Recommend to a friend.
- Both tied in 2 areas: Overall Rating and Career Opportunities.
What Employees Say
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Pro at Caterpillar.
- "Work environment" was the most mentioned Pro at GE.
- GE had 323 more reviews than Caterpillar that mentioned "Work life balance" as a Con.
I have been working at Caterpillar
Excellent work environment. Challenging and meaningful projects given to even entry-level interns. Everyones work at this company has a big impact on CAT’s success.
I have not encountered any negatives about CAT while at my time there. I feel wanted and appreciated for my efforts and love going to work every day.
I have been working at GE full-time for more than a year
-Rotate in several areas of finance (FP&A, Commercial Finance, Supply Chain Finance, Investor Relations, BD, Controllership, etc) -Great executive exposure (CEOs, CFOs, etc.) -Opportunity to live in... up to 4 different places in 2 years (with potential to rotate internationally) -Opportunity to rotate in multiple GE businesses (Gas Power, Renewable Energy, Nuclear, Aviation, Healthcare, Digital, Additive, Capital, etc.) -Challenging virtual/in person classes throughout the two year program in cities such Atlanta, Boston, New York (GE Crotonville), Chicago, etc. -Comprehensive relocation assistance/moving packages -Competitive 401k plan -Competitive compensation -Flexible work from home options
-Challenging business environment given COVID-19