Compare Cerner vs UnitedHealth Group BETASee how working at Cerner vs. UnitedHealth Group compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Cerner vs. UnitedHealth Group. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Cerner scored higher in 3 areas: Career Opportunities, Work-life balance and % Recommend to a friend.
- UnitedHealth Group scored higher in 3 areas: Compensation & Benefits, CEO Approval and Positive Business Outlook.
- Both tied in 3 areas: Overall Rating, Senior Management and Culture & Values.
What Employees Say
- UnitedHealth Group had 409 more reviews than Cerner that mentioned "Work life balance" as a Pro.
- UnitedHealth Group had 26 more reviews than Cerner that mentioned "Work life balance" as a Con.
I have been working at Cerner full-time
Cerner is a forward thinking company that strives to stay up-to-date with modern medical technology. As a healthcare company, there is a lot of emphasis on employee health. There are free health... screenings, therapy, and flu shots at various locations as well as an employee fitness center and pharmacy. Everyone I've worked with have been knowledgeable about the field and goal-oriented, but also maintain a good work/life balance.
Cerner is a large company, and this can result in teams not fully understanding what is being worked on by other teams around the world.
I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time for more than 5 years
Good work environment. No work pressure. Good work life balance. Employment engagement activities. Photography clubs Fun clubs Sports clubs Talent development Individual and group insurance. Free... health check-ups Individual Career development plans. Rewards and recognition
Heavy competition for internal movements. Not much but decent hike paid for internal job postings. Don't wait for years to get opportunity and waste your time... waiting for max 2years is ok but not... more than that.
Advice to Management
Although hikes are competitive..It is good to increase hike percentage for internal promotions.