Compare E. & J. Gallo Winery vs Southern Wine & Spirits of America BETASee how working at E. & J. Gallo Winery vs. Southern Wine & Spirits of America compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at E. & J. Gallo Winery vs. Southern Wine & Spirits of America. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- E. & J. Gallo Winery scored higher in 9 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
What Employees Say
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Pro at E. & J. Gallo Winery.
- "Great people" was the most mentioned Pro at Southern Wine & Spirits of America.
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Con at E. & J. Gallo Winery.
- "Upper management" was the most mentioned Con at Southern Wine & Spirits of America.
I worked at E. & J. Gallo Winery full-time for more than 3 years
There are a lot of positive things I could say about Gallo (growth, wine perks/benefits, etc.), but the people are what made this the best employer I've ever worked for. The culture is very familial... and after a year or so you will feel like you know everyone. With a total population of around 8,000 employees, it's amazing that a Company this size could maintain this type of culture as they continue to grow, but Gallo does it. From your first day at Gallo you'll quickly realize that if you ever need any help, you can quite literally call anyone in the organization and they'd be more than happy to help you or point you to the person who can. This is a huge benefit that isn't listed in your benefits package! For any prospective employees who are thinking of coming to Gallo, working here will be a fulfilling and rewarding experience. I'd recommend working here to anyone and leaving was the toughest career decision I've ever made.
Like any where you work, there will be things that come up that will be challenging or frustrating. When I look back on days/weeks that were tough, I like to ask myself "would this have been... different anywhere else?" The answer is "yes". At many other companies you might not have a supporting group of colleagues to help get you through those days, at Gallo you do.
I have been working at Southern Wine & Spirits of America full-time
Good group of people to work with
Long hours poor management hard work
Advice to Management
Know your employees better