Compare First Republic Bank vs City National Bank BETASee how working at First Republic Bank vs. City National Bank compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at First Republic Bank vs. City National Bank. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- First Republic Bank scored higher in 8 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- City National Bank scored higher in 1 area: Work-life balance.
What Employees Say
- "Good benefits" was the most mentioned Pro at First Republic Bank.
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Pro at City National Bank.
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Con at First Republic Bank.
- "Cnb" was the most mentioned Con at City National Bank.
I worked at First Republic Bank full-time for more than a year
1. Cafe is good and offers cheap meals
1. There is a tendacy to promote directors and managers who are completely incompetent and discourage other employees from growing. 2. The management is shameless when it comes to showing... favoritism to their favorite employees and this select group of favorites is allowed to say demeaning things to other employees. 3. Managers are known to engage in unethical banking practices under the pretense of “helping” wealthy clients and fulfilling their demands. 4. Sadly, many good hardworking people are leaving this bank because of severely poor management skills of the upper management. 5. Directors and managers engage in spreading gossip across the office and creating highly toxic work environment. The management also restricted overtime pay of the employees which caused some people to work for less pay than they deserved. However, later the management profusely denied making people work for no pay.
Advice to Management
Your directors and managers engage in highly unethical practices and this problem is bigger than you can imagine.
I worked at City National Bank full-time for more than a year
Nice Environment to Work with, Flexible Office Timings, Supportive Office Staff
Targets are some times very high and difficult to meet. Holidays are very less.
Advice to Management
To Be more flexible towards employees