Compare Genentech vs Amgen BETASee how working at Genentech vs. Amgen compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Genentech vs. Amgen. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Genentech scored higher in 7 areas: Overall Rating, Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval and % Recommend to a friend.
- Amgen scored higher in 1 area: Positive Business Outlook.
- Both tied in 1 area: Career Opportunities.
What Employees Say
- Genentech had 43 more reviews than Amgen that mentioned "Great benefits" as a Pro.
- Genentech had 7 more reviews than Amgen that mentioned "Work life balance" as a Pro.
- Genentech had 18 more reviews than Amgen that mentioned "Work life balance" as a Con.
- Genentech had 3 more reviews than Amgen that mentioned "Decision making" as a Con.
I have been working at Genentech full-time for more than 3 years
-Surrounded by brilliant, literally world-class colleagues -Management, teams, and colleagues always trying to make the company a better place to work -Meaningful, challenging work, -Great work-life... balance and support resources -Compensation is consistently above market -A culture of radical candor and soliciting feedback
-Large organization can make decision-making slower, though it is well-reasoned and well thought out -Hiring process is slow, but does result in high quality colleagues
Advice to Management
Continue to focus on what the company does best, continue to innovate and solicit feedback