Compare Genentech vs Johnson & Johnson BETASee how working at Genentech vs. Johnson & Johnson compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Genentech vs. Johnson & Johnson. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Genentech scored higher in 3 areas: Overall Rating, Compensation & Benefits and Work-life balance.
- Johnson & Johnson scored higher in 5 areas: Career Opportunities, Senior Management, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- Both tied in 1 area: Culture & Values.
What Employees Say
- Johnson & Johnson had 29 more reviews than Genentech that mentioned "Great benefits" as a Pro.
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Con at Genentech.
- "Long hours" was the most mentioned Con at Johnson & Johnson.
I have been working at Johnson & Johnson full-time for more than 3 years
Employee centric, walks the talk, outstanding reputation and product quality
Bureaucracy and process-driven. Badly lagging to competition due to slow processes.
Advice to Management
Support functions need to show business urgency who are currently completely reluctant to any business needs.