Compare Industrial Light & Magic vs Cinesite BETASee how working at Industrial Light & Magic vs. Cinesite compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Industrial Light & Magic vs. Cinesite. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Industrial Light & Magic scored higher in 2 areas: Senior Management and Positive Business Outlook.
- Cinesite scored higher in 7 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance, Culture & Values, CEO Approval and % Recommend to a friend.
What Employees Say
- "Great projects" was the most mentioned Pro at Industrial Light & Magic.
- "Nice people" was the most mentioned Pro at Cinesite.
- "Long hours" was the most mentioned Con at Industrial Light & Magic.
- "Low budget" was the most mentioned Con at Cinesite.
I have been working at Cinesite full-time for more than a year
-Work alongside talented artists from all over the world -Positive and friendly work environment -Lots of fun events and perks (prior to Covid anyway)
-Budget often given priority over quality of deliverables (can't really say there's a culture of excellence) -Some departments experience heavy overtime (though not as bad as certain other companies... in this industry) -Management sometimes displays surprising lack of understanding of the processes and stakes within their own department
Advice to Management
Department managers could benefit from gaining a better grounding in the technical aspects of their departments' workflow. Better planning could in turn allow more focus to be placed on producing... higher quality work and encouraging employees professional growth.