Compare J D Wetherspoon vs Mitchells & Butlers BETASee how working at J D Wetherspoon vs. Mitchells & Butlers compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at J D Wetherspoon vs. Mitchells & Butlers. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- J D Wetherspoon scored higher in 2 areas: Compensation & Benefits and % Recommend to a friend.
- Mitchells & Butlers scored higher in 6 areas: Overall Rating, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval and Positive Business Outlook.
- Both tied in 1 area: Career Opportunities.
What Employees Say
- "Good pay" was the most mentioned Pro at J D Wetherspoon.
- "Flexible hours" was the most mentioned Pro at Mitchells & Butlers.
- J D Wetherspoon had 152 more reviews than Mitchells & Butlers that mentioned "Long hours" as a Con.
I worked at Mitchells & Butlers full-time for more than 3 years
Once you have set your business up and have the right people around you then the job can be brilliant. If you don’t have the support then it’s a hard slog!
A lot of hours to start with until the business is running smoothly - but the same anywhere.