Compare John Deere vs IBM BETASee how working at John Deere vs. IBM compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at John Deere vs. IBM. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- John Deere scored higher in 4 areas: Overall Rating, Compensation & Benefits, Senior Management and Positive Business Outlook.
- IBM scored higher in 4 areas: Career Opportunities, Work-life balance, CEO Approval and % Recommend to a friend.
- Both tied in 1 area: Culture & Values.
What Employees Say
- "Work environment" was the most mentioned Pro at John Deere.
- "Good work environment" was the most mentioned Pro at IBM.
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Con at John Deere.
- "Low salary" was the most mentioned Con at IBM.
I worked at John Deere full-time for more than 3 years
1) Good Salary Package 2) Good leaves policies - 24 yearly + 10 medical 3) Flexible timings 4) WFH during COVID 5) Moderate work load 6) Matured co workers 7) Good leadership 8) No management... it's always Leadership : So u will never go through comments like management wants this....It's always leaders who guides path. 9) Strategy based company. 10) Leadership directions are Transparent. So emoyees are clear about his job role and his Goals which are in lined with Company goals.
1) Promotions are deficult after some level. So one can be in same post for long. No experience based promotions. Promotions are done on IJP (internal job postings) based and most of IJP are fixed.... 2) For promotion one may need to change job role as it's IJP based and IJP may be for some other job role. So if u want to increase ur Pascale u need to apply IJP and get selected. 3) 80% time IJP are fixed. So u need some upper hand who nominate u for some IJP. Then u have good chance to get selected for IJP Promotions. 4) Leaders don't values talent. It's always work need to get it done then how (with what efforts) and who ( even one who is not responsible) done it does not matter. 5) Woman's are deliberately allows to grow faster in organisation to show Woman Empowerment. This demotivates male hard-smart workers.
Advice to Management
Take care in terms of what they needs and what are their issues of ur valued employees who are hard working for Company Goals.